Mix for 4ch Helicopter

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
solmer

Mix for 4ch Helicopter

Post by solmer »

Hi, I've made a model profile for a 4Ch Helicopter (V911) and I've noticed that when the heli goes forward its needs a bit more throttle 'cause the main rotor speed goes down a bit, I've red that its normal so to compensate the effect I've added a mix to the channel 3 (TRH), when I press the ELV Switch (The one I've choose for the mix) if i push the right stick to go forward the throttle gets an increment of 10, thats works ok but if I pull the right stick to move the heli backwards the throttle looses 10 :( Its there a way to get it working only when pushing the stick to fly forward?.

Thanks in advance.
Good winds and......happy Flight !

gohsthb

Re: Mix for 4ch Helicopter

Post by gohsthb »

What was the mix you used?
Add the curve |x| to the mixer that adds ELE to your THR
This means take the absolute value of x, and so only positive values will be sent to the mixer.

-Gohst
solmer

Post by solmer »

Hi, this its my setup....

CH01
(+100%)Ail

* (+100%)CH06
CH02
(+100%)Ele

* (+100%)CH06
CH03
(+125%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(Curve 1)

(+10%)Ele Switch(ELE)

R (+125%)Thr Switch(!ID0) Curve(Curve 2)

R (-100%)MAX Switch(THR)
CH04
(+100%)Rud

* (+100%)CH05
CH05
R (+50%)P1 Offset (100%)
CH06
R (+50%)P3 Offset (100%)

Thx :)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Did you notice that your 10% ele only gets added in mode ID0 ? If you wanted it to work in the other modes also, you need to move that mixer line down one. So it would be like this:

Code: Select all

CH03
(+125%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(C1)
R(+125%)Thr Switch(!ID0) Curve(C2)
(+10%)Ele Switch(ELE)
R(-100%)Max Switch(THR)
I have to ask (now that I noticed), which version of Er9x are you using? Max was changed to half a long time ago.
Also I would change your throttle from 125% to 100% and just use the curves to control the throttle channel output. With them set to 125%, channel 3 output gets to the highest point on the curve before your throttle stick moves as far as it can.
-Gohst
solmer

Post by solmer »

Hi !

Thanks for the info, I don't noticed that the mix was only working for the ID0 mode :oops: Now I've changed it into the correct position
I'm on r788 , I'm gonna change the throttle from 125 to 100 also to get the full throttle at the end of the stick

Cheers

Return to “er9x”