To update, or not to update...

dcrow57

To update, or not to update...

Post by dcrow57 »

As a stark raving newb to open rc I try to keep quiet, but having diligently searched I still have a couple questions that I didn't find answers to. The 9xtreme install on my bone stock 9x went very well, no real problems, every issue I encounted was just a matter of how-to that I found answers to on this forum. Managed to get voice working, got a couple of models set up and went flying yesterday with no problems. so question number 1:

Since I'm not having any issues is it recommended that I update anyway to the Oct 21 ersky9x test firmware that Mike posted, or no?

And question #2, if so, to upgrade, I just unzip the firmware to the SD card FIRMWARES folder, and pinch and power and the upgrade happens automatically?

Much thanks to Steven, Mike, and all of you who drag us newbs along with you...

Crow

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: To update, or not to update...

Post by MikeB »

Yes, do upgrade the firmware.
Either copy the .bin file to the "FIRMWARE" (no 'S') directory, then start in the bootloader (hold horizontal trims inwards while powering on) and flash it from there. Get the filename highlighted, then press MENU LONG to select it for flashing and confirm with MENU LONG again.

If you have eepskye on your PC,, you may flash the file directly over the USB connection. Again start the radio in the bootloader, then attach the USB cable, then run eepskye.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”