27MHz Module

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
CTSmithey

27MHz Module

Post by CTSmithey »

Hi guys, 1st of all I would like to thank everyone that had helped me on my 1st post about the Radio and Battery Charger info I was asking about. Great advice and I think I got a great radio. It already had the MODs done for the SmartiBoad, and a Turnigy 2650 LiPo ect.

Here is what I got, it was never even used, the guy modded it but ran into money problems and was selling off all his gear, 2 of these radios modified, a few heli's and other stuff.

Image Image

OK here is my question, and I know some of you are going to probably go "Do What? Why?" lol

Some of my older stuff are on 27MHz I have a Heli, and a Traxxas Receiver model 2015. I use that for my motor test bench that I am building I also build and mod engines for RC use (Here, are some video's of motors we have modified and sold: http://www.youtube.com/user/GMKosMos?feature=mhee)

How, or where, can I get a 27MHz Module for this? I was hoping to get into the FlySky radio with the dual antenna but those are not around anymore I guess. So, what can I do to use this radio on my 27MHz gear? Remember be gentle with me here my dad and I are new to all this radio stuff, we usually just used the Traxxas Radio and Receiver and it was only a 2 channel for car/boat so we have no idea what to do, or get. Something that would just plug in the back where the module is would be great, but not sure what we are doing or looking for.

Thank you all very much for your time and reply.
CTSmithey
RC Airboat build log.
[url]http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2364[/url]
Strange can not get the URL to work. lol!

Kilrah

Re: 27MHz Module

Post by Kilrah »

27MHz was used only for ground stuff, so you won't find a module that plugs right in the module slot of "air" radios.
There's a possibility you could take your 27MHz radio apart, and scavenge the transmission module from it and put it inside an empty JR module case, if it fits.

But the best would be to ditch the 27MHz stuff and replace your receiver with another $8 Flysky receiver.
If you had 10 models it might be worth trying to reuse the 27MHz module, but for a single receiver...
dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

Besides making the remarkably cheap and well built 9x transmitter, flysky makes a three channel car transmitter that is even cheaper and equaly well built. The 3-channel receivers are compatible with both 9x and the car TX and the receivers have failsafe, i.e. they can turn off the motor if the signal is lost. The receivers are like 8dollar and the TX 29 dollars in Hongkong stores (Hobbyking etc.)
You might invest in such a TX/RX combination, or just buy the RXes and use it with your stick radio (9x).
I dislike 27MHz, but if you have to use it I think your best bet is to look for a used TX. I have three of them, and consider them as having zero value.
It would naturally be possible to rob a used 27Mhz radio of the antenna and radio transmitter card, which could then be placed in a JR module housing and used by 9x. But if you don't have the parts available I have a hard time seeing that it would be worth the effort.

If you only have the version 1 radio modules in your 9xs, the version 2 module is available from leadershobby for 14 dollar. I think the version 2 radio can control both version 1 and 2 receivers.
CTSmithey

Post by CTSmithey »

Kilrah,
Yea I see what your getting at there. We only have a few things. I just wanted to run it all on 1 radio but that sounds like it may be a little much just for a few things. I guess we will just stick with the way it is now then :) I really wanted the dual antenna model of this radio tho, and am still on the hunt for one!

Thanks for the response and info there Kilrah.
----------------
dvogonen,
Yes we have one of the FS-GT3B radios as well this one: (http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html) darn good radio, we have a few RC Airboats we have built and use that radio for, great radio, wish there were mods for it. I saw some places talking about it but the link sites that they point to are down.

Thanks dvogonen.
-----------------

I agree with you guys, I am not going to waste my time or $$ trying to modify the radio for that, if I had 10+ things that used it then yea, but we don't only a few things. :)

CTSmithey
RC Airboat build log.
[url]http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2364[/url]
Strange can not get the URL to work. lol!
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Version 1 and 2 modules and receivers are not interchangeable. V1 only works with v1.
-gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

I know that a v1 transmitter can not control a v2 receiver, but I was under the impression that v2 transmitters could control v1 receivers as well as v2 receivers.
My information came from a Hongkong webshop, and as we all know those are notoriously unreliable as far as technical specifications go and I am not surprised that the information was wrong.

Return to “RF MODULES”