HT8 (Hisky Module) + er9x

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
solmer

HT8 (Hisky Module) + er9x

Post by solmer »

Hi !

I've sucesfully binded my FBL100 with my 9x using the HT8 module from Hisky, but I need to remove the 9x radio module everytime i want to plug the HT8...otherwise the HT8 doesn't works.... I've used the PPMSIM option in the radio setup but doesn't works.... Any ideas? BTW I've not done the resistor mod on the module 'cause I've read that PPMSIM make the work form me without soldering any resistor....

Thanks in advance.
Good winds and......happy Flight !

Kilrah

Re: HT8 (Hisky Module) + er9x

Post by Kilrah »

AFAIK on ER9X PPMsim requires you to keep the radio's power switch OFF. Did you do that?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

As well as enabling PPMSIM in the radio setup, did you select PPMSIM as the protocol (instead of PPM, PXX, PPM16 or DSM) in the model setup?

If PPMSIM is enabled, then if you plug the trainer cable in to a powered off transmitter, the transmitter will power up, and use the PPMSIM method to send the PPM stream to the trainer connection.
If you select PPMSIM as the protocol, then this is used with the transmitter powered on normally, and sends the PPM stream to the trainer port using the PPMSIM method.
PPMSIM avoids using the normal electrical connection that can be upset by the tx module plugged in the back of the transmitter.

PPM16 protociol sends up to 8 channels to the module, then the next 8 to the trainer port, allowing two modules to be used to transmit 16 channels.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
solmer

Post by solmer »

Hi !

Thanks for your inputs :D

The problem was in the protocol...now using PPMSIM works like a charm.

Thanks again for your help ;)
Good winds and......happy Flight !
mcashatt

Post by mcashatt »

Solmer:

Would you kindly share your settings as an eepe file? I am facing the same issue:
  • FBL100
  • 9Xr
  • Open Tx (ER9X branch)
  • HT8
The problem is that I have hardwired my 9X module and can't remove it. I have set the protocol to PPMSim but no joy. Attached are my settings.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt
Attachments
Matt9x-6-2-13.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

pallol

Post by pallol »

having a similar binding issue (latest firmware as of 30/11/14) with my turnigy HT8 compatible module. standard module in or out made no difference, ht8 signal light stayed red. I changed the model signal to ppm16 first up, light goes green only when tx switched off, then tried binding with ppmsim - turns out that I had to turn on trainer. now it binds, but the tx has to be on as well as the ht8, this way it binds every time.

(note the change to the signal is only in the model menu, not the general settings/radio setup stuff)

now all I have to sort out is why my fbl100 completely misbehaves - the stick settings are completely off the planet and topsy turvy even though in the eepe simulator everything works perfectly

Return to “er9x”