What does filter checkbox do

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
jtroutt19

What does filter checkbox do

Post by jtroutt19 »

Hey guys been trying to find an answer to this through google but I cant get anything to come up. When you select a sensor and go in to edit it at the bottom you have some options Filter is there and I was wondering what exactly it does. I have most of my stuff setup to log in .1sec intervals when I flip my throttle hold switch and that works great. So what is the purpose of filter

Kilrah

Re: What does filter checkbox do

Post by Kilrah »

The value becomes a rolling average of the last 5 received values.
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

Maybe rename filter to average in future releases?
Avrg5?
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Alrighty then Thank you for the clarification
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

rcdiy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:51 pm Maybe rename filter to average in future releases?
Avrg5?
Why? Its purpose is to filter out jitters so filter seems appropriate. It's a rolling average, so calling it average might make people think it is the actual average (like min or max). And you don't want to use something like Avrg5 because the number might change in future releases (actually if I read the source correctly it's 8 for Frsky D and and 4 for sport). And it's filter in the current documentation. To my way to thinking changing the name of something that people already know and use would require a really good reason, and I don't see it in this case.

Jim

Return to “openTx”