Taranis not connecting to Companion 2.1/PC

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
tashu

Taranis not connecting to Companion 2.1/PC

Post by tashu »

Today I spent all day trying to connect my Taranis Plus to the PC.

-Whenever I connect it via the usb cable and try to read the Profiles off the Taranis, the PC just freezes.
-I know that 2 drives should appear in My Computer.
-Sometimes they appear, sometimes they don't, and even when they appear they don't have a size and can't open them aswell.
-I tried reinstalling the zadig drivers, didn't work
-I tried flashing an older firmware, didn't work
-I tried reinstalling Companion2.1, didn't work

Anyone have any suggestions?
It worked yesterday, I did a Windows recovery and set it back a few days and it worked for the first time, but after that still having the same issues.

deaconFlyer

Re: Taranis not connecting to Companion 2.1/PC

Post by deaconFlyer »

I am assuming you have the bootloader screen showing ... so I have one USB cable that is a no-go when it comes to my PC ... my phone hooks up perfectly, my Taranis ... never!

Did you try a new cable?
tashu

Post by tashu »

Yes, I tried using different cables and the Taranis was also in Bootloader mode.
I know what you mean, I also have a cable that provides only power, no data. It was made for a charger.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

tashu wrote: It worked yesterday, I did a Windows recovery and set it back a few days and it worked for the first time, but after that still having the same issues.
Can you try on another PC?
deaconFlyer

Post by deaconFlyer »

One thing you can do is use the Device Manager to delete all of the USB ports. Power down, reboot and they will be restored in as-good-as-new condition. Any pre-existing drivers will be removed. Now try your Taranis.

It should bring down any drivers needed and you should see everything that is happening on the Taskbar.

Each PC is a mystery it seems ...

kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

So it seems, we are discussing a pc problem here.
No information about that or the os?

:roll:
deaconFlyer

Post by deaconFlyer »

Invariably ... yes.

I can't list the number of times something does not install properly on a Windows-based machine (my long running Bluetooth modules are DOA with Windows 10, same for two of my USB keys). There are also viruses out there that really hate and so block the USB ports since the first line of defence is often a program running on a USB stick.

I have had to refer several people to a virus cleaner called "adwcleaner" (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/) which, after having done its magic has restored the USB access. Similarly, a program called "ccleaner" (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download) cleans up the registry and temp files nicely. DON'T BUY THE PAY VERSIONS! ... you only need the freeware.

... and then, there the Linux systems that I run almost everything on, and have never had a problem with.

Enjoy!
shrek2016

Post by shrek2016 »

It seems, the drivers problem is a universal problem in Windows 10.
I also faced a problem connecting my PC to HDMI tv. The problem is not with cables.
It's a configuration problem. I found the solution to windows 10 hdmi audio not working here.
http://www.pallareviews.com/4237/window ... t-working/

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”