The FlySky 2.4 receivers in general and the 3ch in particula

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
dvogonen

The FlySky 2.4 receivers in general and the 3ch in particula

Post by dvogonen »

When I bought my 9x I ordered two 6 channel RX (since it is close to free) and a couple of 3channel Flysky receivers that I intended to use with the excellent 3ch car TX they sell just as crazy cheap as the 9x. It is clearly stated everywhere that the 3ch receivers are only intended for ground use so I never thought about using them in planes.

My intention was to eventually buy a FrSky TX module, but when I tested the Flysky 6ch receivers, they worked flawlessly. As far as I can tell they perform on par with the Futaba 2.4GHz system I used previously. So I stuck with Flysky. And then I ran out of receivers. I should have bought a bunch of 6ch receivers to start with, but I did not. Just for the hell of it, I installed a 3channel receiver in a largish flying wing to test just how bad they are.

They are actually. not bad at all... I have now flown the wing as far off as I ever want to fly it and I have yet to experience any glitches etc. The 3channel receivers are tiny and have a programmable fail-safe behaviour, two very important features.

Has anyone else used the 3channel receivers for planes, or have you all stuck with the plan?

What are your experiences with the other two Flysky v2 receivers? I have used the 6ch version and am impressed.

gohsthb

Re: The FlySky 2.4 receivers in general and the 3ch in parti

Post by gohsthb »

I used to use the 3ch receivers in my gliders. Then I switched to Frsky. Really I wanted the telemetry, but a full failsafe on the larger recivers is very nice.
-Gohst
ReSt

Re: The FlySky 2.4 receivers in general and the 3ch in parti

Post by ReSt »

I always fly gliders (up to 2m) with the 3 channel receivers. I didn't have problems with them up to now. And I have quite a bunch of the 3 channel receivers.

Even though I did not recognize dropouts, I know, that they are there, from time to time, probably with higher distance and direction of antennas.
I have a 'special diy module' attached to the receiver, that checks the cell voltages of the motor battery and reduces (or cuts down) the motor signal in case of a low cell voltage. This module also checks for missing receiver signals (dropouts) and displays that status with a blinking LED. And that LED is blinking, sometimes.

But I also know, that my 35Mhz radio also had these dropouts, sometimes with strong glitches of the servos and even at lower distances.

So all in all, 2.4 Ghz with 3 channel FlySky receiver is definitely less problem prone.

Reinhard

Return to “RF MODULES”