bug - companion - ersky9x board

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello,

Using companion on the ersky9x board.

If you download the epprom or flash from the radio... then save it to disk...

The saved file cannot be opened again by a 'file->open' command.

For some reason it is also 1.2MB in size!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: bug - companion - ersky9x board

Post by Romolo »

I think Bertrand will have to have a look for it , still not able to test: no time to assemble the ersky9x in the radio...
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Rob, which extension did you choose for saving the file? It's only allowed .bin for now. I will add .hex support as soon as time allows ...
Bertrand.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I will have to check when back at Pc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Hi guys,
I just tried c9x (v63) for ersky9x board. It did flash the custom splash screen, but it will not save an eeprom file. Says the number of btyes and Expos are wrong. I'm sure you're working on it, but just wanted to mention it, just in case.
Cheers
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

The version 0.63 is not the stable one. It's the one delivered for developers who are able to compile the last open9x / ersky9x board where we have made significant changes on the EEPROM structure! I prefer you wait one or two days for the 0.64.

The 0.63 adds the splash replacement for the ersky9x board. I did test it with open9x, not with ersky9x. If somebody does the test, would it be possible to post the result here?

Thanks,
Bertrand.
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Flashed ersky9x on to ersky9x board and it almost worked. The word sky was not in my image. Not sure if there is an option to turn it off, like the name...
Attachments
WP_000218.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's not a bug as such. In order to get erSKY9x running quickly, rather that create a new splash screen, I used the er9x one, and just put the work SKY where you see it. What would be useful is if someone could create the erSKY9x default splash screen, in the format needed to compile into the program, then I won't need to add the word SKY anymore.
I don't have the time (or tools possibly) to do this quickly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

CP9X v.62
If I select ersky9x in FW preferences and select check for updates I get a message saying "unable to check for updates" every time.
If i select download I will always get a file to download, but all the files are labeled ersky9x.bin so I have no idea if it's a newer version unless I download it and try it. There is no date or rev # clue as to what it is.
Sometimes after downloading the .bin file and still selecting "check for updates" I get two messages one saying unable to check, then another saying no new updates. Of course because I now have the latest updates after forcing a download.
I believe there is a house keeping bug there. It would be better if somehow a date or rev# could be part of the check for updates or download function to allow a choice.
Example, reply posts to ersky9x r56 kept saying that r57 was available. Every time I checked with cp9x it said that r56 was my current version and it was unable to check for updates so I thought r57 was not available? Selecting download did give me a ersky9x.bin file download option but I thought it was the same, r56 because it has no rev as part of its file. I thought either I had trouble at my end or the update server did?
Taking a chance today i forced a download, saved it, opened it, and now I have r57 as the current file. Checking for updates still say unable to do so?

Another question? should the FW preference and board type show up in the main CP9X program page in the top header?
It always says "companion9x-EEPROM Editor". Maybe the board type selected in preference could also be displayed there as well?
CP9X seems to default at startup to er9x every time. Maybe a selected option to startup in the preferences page so those with multiple boards ans firmwares can select it quicker. Now to program ersky9x I must start the program then select preferences and then select my board and FW and then go into the programming page. I'm sure those with gruvins boards and FW may have the same trouble.
Ersky being the most popular should be the default, but an option to change the default opening screens would also be of value as more boards come on line.
Thank you
This is meant to feedback not criticism.
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Hexperience wrote:Flashed ersky9x on to ersky9x board and it almost worked. The word sky was not in my image. Not sure if there is an option to turn it off, like the name...
Had an idea and got ersky9x to output the required splash screen, with SKY on it, to the debug serial interface, captured it, then put it back in the source file.
So now te word SKY does not need to be drawn on top of the splash image. This change will get in the next revision.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

You are a busy person Mike. I hope you enjoy your hard work by flying it.
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I would be, but the weather here is awful, 40 mph winds, heavy rain, and has been like it for a few days.
I'm lucky enough to work sort of part time, sometimes a lot, other times nothing. I lost 2.5 days this last week to 'customer support'. They had something for ages, but hadn't tested it (so hadn't paid for it either!). Finally they decided they had a few problems and wanted them fixed. Still, it is sorted now, and the invoice is due for payment in 2 days time (££££s).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I flew r57 today and the WShadow HH report looked right to me.
I'm not sure the altitude alarm is loud enough but the other alarms are.
I showed the radio off to many that are looking to buy a new one. Not all are techical do that concerns me as I'll become the head tech. There are some that can handel it do I told th to join the fourm and to start reading first.
I see a mention of R58? Is that available now?
I'll check my CPU temp first chance.
SM
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

MikeB wrote:
Hexperience wrote:Flashed ersky9x on to ersky9x board and it almost worked. The word sky was not in my image. Not sure if there is an option to turn it off, like the name...
Had an idea and got ersky9x to output the required splash screen, with SKY on it, to the debug serial interface, captured it, then put it back in the source file.
So now te word SKY does not need to be drawn on top of the splash image. This change will get in the next revision.

Mike.
Good idea, thanks Mike.
Just another idea. Now that we have lots of eeprom space to play with, could the splash just be read form the end of the eeprom starting at some memory location? That way it doesn't need markers, doesn't need to be embedded and doesn't get flashed at all with the fw. ??
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

@showmaster:
- I just solved the automatic updates in c9x, it's because of Mike, he doesn't commit so often ;) ersky9x revision is < 100 and the code from eePe checks for 3 digits. No gruvin9x users complained, there are 4 digits in gruvin9x ... everything should be ok on that topic now.
- The Main Window title I do agree. It's fixed as well
- The FW name is now displayed in the Window title
About the FW chosen in preferences, it should be stored so that at next c9x restart you don't have to select it again. And about the default FW at first c9x start, if I had to choose, I would say "open9x for the stock board". I don't know which FW is the most used, but that would be my personal preference ;)
Thanks for your feedback and the bug report, it helps!
Bertrand.

PS: Did you have time to test the WSHH in open9x last release?
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

PS: Did you have time to test the WSHH in open9x last release?
No but it's next for this Friday when I fly again.
I may be able to tell just by lifting my plane on a stepladder.

I'll try cp9x tonight to upgrade my TXs to the latest versions of FW and see how it works with your fixes.
Thank you
SM
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I tried the latest cp9x and it seems to find all the latest FW's for ersky. open9x, and er9x for all my boards. I installed ersky9x r59 and it went OK.
Thank you
I haven't tried any custom screens so I can't comment there.
Altimeter test next in open9x

SM
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

@showmaster: wait a little bit, I want to add Alt- and Alt+ (min and max altitudes) with WSHH the same way than the FrSky Hub.
Did you confirm that the WSHH doesn't send more than 2 values / second? It's because it will not be precise enough for the vario. But we prepare to support the Boy Scout vario on A1/A2, it should already work in Custom Telemetry screen, if you configure it in the TELEMETRY screen (source of the vario) and display VSpd (vertical speed).
Bertrand.

EDIT: function commited now
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Re the wshh option... Winged shadow do the thermal scout product that works as a vario :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Just some questions to better under stand the program and FW settings

Some CP9X and ersky9x settings not being uploaded or downloaded?
CP9X V.68
Ersky9x r61
Some things I’ve noticed that may not be working?
Under general settings first page there is no setting for speaker level.
Under telemetry I can set a value for RSSI’s but it doesn’t stay there when I exit that screen or transfer to my TX.. When I download into CP9X from my TX the RSSI values and alarms I set in the TX menu does not transfer to CP9X either.

How do I use the battery calibration option in the setup screen?
Pleases explain about the Calibration screen values I see there? Do I want to make and value changes there ever?
SM
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Maybe some parameter of the new ersky9x is still not supported, if Mike keep up updated directly of feature and differences introduced we will try to keep updated also with ersky9x...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Latest ersky9x (r64) has the SPS/SPE round the splash screen.
In the last few releases I added some telemetry inputs to the custom switches, and allowed safety switches to select between the safety function, or play an alarm sound function.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Splash markers of ersky9x have been added in companion,
about custom switches, maybe we can map existing telemetry sources (those already present in companion for open9x) or add others,
safety switches tab instead will require a rewrite of the code, I will try to do asap.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Ersky (64) bad...

Grrr

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ksml0k
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is that completely bad? Or only if you use a custom splash screen?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

It's the one that mucked up my tx, not open9x... We'll see, let me reset my tx like you described in the other thread and i'll let you know.
Unfortuneatly, it will be tommorrow when i get a chance to fix things. :(

Return to “companion9x”