Frsky hub and er9x levels alarms?

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
ShowMaster

Frsky hub and er9x levels alarms?

Post by ShowMaster »

I've been using a voltage divider and WShadows HHigh for several month now with my fully modified DJT  er9x OK.
Today I tried the FS hub with all sensors except the GPS. I was able to find the readouts on various screens including the 3 cell voltage reading form new FS voltage display device.
Some questions for MikeB and anyone else that has answers.
The current er9x FW will allow the individual voltages to display but no alarm can be set at a min voltage. I suspect and will try it, that there are no FW option that can add the 3 voltages to allow min voltage alarm to be set! Not unless I still use a divider in A2 since I suspect the menu alarm function is still looking for the A2 voltage even with the hub?
Next is altitude alarm using the hub and variometer. The altitude is displayed but the 400ft alarm does not go off as it does when the how high is connected.
For this post another repeat request. Is it posable to assign a switch to toggle back and forth the telemety screens to do a fast check of the displays?
I'm going to further explore what does and does not work alarm wise between the hub sendor displays and   non hub options.
Maybe others can post their findings as well to help sort this out. Mike B has done a terrific job of getting this far and hopefully this is all doable.
Certainly for ersky9x if there are memory or CPU limitations with the 9x board would be a big addition.
SM

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Frsky hub and er9x levels alarms?

Post by MikeB »

Have you changed the telemetry protocol? If you have it set to the WS H High, you won't get anything from the hub.
The option is at the top of the TELEMETRY setup menu, change to FrHub.
There is a second TELEMETRY setup screen, where you set the altitude alarm. You can also set a cell voltage threshold here. If ANY of the cells drop below the threshold, you should get an alarm. You may also choose to use the GPS altitude instead of the VARIO.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Mike.
I believe I've done everything you've mentioned but it didn't work. I'll set some quality time aside ASAP to try it all again using your post as a guide to try again. I was hoping others using this feature would comment on how well it's working for them.
As always, thanks for your helpful comments.
SM
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Frsky hub FW update
FYI
I discovered that my hub was not reporting any individual cell voltage from the new Frsky voltage sensor. After reading about earlier hubs needing the update I found from
Frsky's site info on how to tell. Mine had D1 do it needed updating. I had to remove C35 and short 2 pads while using their program and new USB programmer with the correct hub data plug. It all worked and I now display the voltages on my er9x screen.
SM
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

MikeB wrote:Have you changed the telemetry protocol? If you have it set to the WS H High, you won't get anything from the hub.
The option is at the top of the TELEMETRY setup menu, change to FrHub.
There is a second TELEMETRY setup screen, where you set the altitude alarm. You can also set a cell voltage threshold here. If ANY of the cells drop below the threshold, you should get an alarm. You may also choose to use the GPS altitude instead of the VARIO.

Mike.
I found the screen and the alarm and it works now.
I was trying to use my hub instead of the one I posted on first. My hub FW needed updating as my post explains.
One thing I did find is for total lipo voltage I still need the A2 divider connected.
Thanks for the help.
SM

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”