EEPe 366 doesn't flash M128

How to use eePe
ReSt

EEPe 366 doesn't flash M128

Post by ReSt »

I just changed the radio from M64 to M128 chip.
Can flash the EEprom, but when trying to flash the fw, EEpe first, for a short moment (hardly to read), shows a screen where it displays the correct device signature 1E 97 02. Then it looks like it restarts, reads the device signature again, but this time it is wrong, 00 01 02 and terminates the flashing process. Flash memory of the radio is untouched.

I did not test it with M64

Two other points that I noticed with v336, just to mention it.
(I already have reinstalled r362, so I'm not absoluteley sure about some details.)

The switches page shows 24 ? switches CS1 to CSO? in the last column for the AND switches
For the safety switches the switch dropdown shows the selectable switches, but you can't set any of them.

Reinhard

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: EEPe 366 doesn't flash M128

Post by MikeB »

I recently added a feature to read the EEPROM before flashing. It appears Avrdude, the usbasp, or the 9x, can't always handle two operations that close together. I suggested using -B100 to someone, and that worked. I will be adding a delay between the two operations for the next revision.
I got the AND switches wrong when trying to merge eepe and eepskye code, eepe ended with the switches for eepskye. Also fixed in the next revision.
The safety switches are working for me, but then I may have already fixed the problem on my test version for the next revision, I can't remember. Should be OK in the next revision.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Thanks,

no problems, as I have the alternatives

Reinhard
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Mike, you need to have a sleep(1) between the two operations. I have already handled the same issue in companion.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Not just M128... there's an issue with 366 with flashing altogether. I submitted an issue no the Google code page... not sure how often that gets looked at.

After 362 (so starting with 365 I believe), I started getting MANY complaints about flashing failures. A customer of mine and I have been working on it to see what the cause was and we quickly narrowed it down to EEPE. With 362, it works fine. With 366 many people are experiencing failures unless they introduce a B switch of 11 or higher, which shouldn't be necessary for normal operation. 11 is the start of the software-only SCK control. 10 and under are hardware controlled. I don't imagine that's a coincidence that 11 works and 10 consistently fails.

Keep in mind that many (most? All??) of the Chinese stick-type USBasps use very old firmware that completely ignore -B switches anyway because SCK speed can't be controlled by them.

- Steven

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I should be able to do a commit for er9x, ersky9x (with TinyApp), eepe and eepskye tomorrow.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Mike,
I can confirm, that flashing the M128 with Eepe367 does work

Reinhard

btw, Er9x v790 has a little bug.
In Menu.cpp the variable Str_telemItems is missing the Gvr6Gvr7 in the #else path

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Thanks, edit done, ready for the next revision.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “eePe”