A few questions about dsm mod (could not find in older post)

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

Hi again guys I'm waiting for my parts to arrive (dx4e tx and 9x tx already mod) I've been reading a lot lately in this forum and RCG and few questions I have is what is the best firmware version or firmware fork to have in your tx if you want to use the dsmx protocol (I read it had some issues with servos jiggering glitches,etc. and that' a new version was being develop to address this problems)
Also I'm a noob in the learning of electronics so another question is: on some posts I read you should put a 4k7 resistor for the dsmx module to have better wave length and for the module read 0 on low power, So where you'll I install the resistor in the bec power supply or the module?
Probably I should read more the instructions of er9x but it's not completely clear for me how to change the ppm signal (in the firmware )to change the protocol im using one ppm for dsm other for turnegy.
Last question for now I promise (lol) what channel order should I program, I was reading that for dsm the channel line up is TAER and futaba is another and so on, so what happen if I want to use my tx for turnegy protocol and DSM too??

Thxs in advance
Jas
P.D. Cr8ative Leo I have read all your posts and have been very helpful but I don't understand the relation about how to mount the bec for the dsm module and the speaker mod? (probly I'm too noob in electronics but I don't understand)

cre8tiveleo

Re: A few questions about dsm mod (could not find in older p

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Just use the latest er9x hex file. (you need to make sure you choose the proper protocol in the menu for the module you are using.
The jittering servos is only with me. I like to push things further than what a normal geek would try. You only get jittering servos when you try to push your radio beyond what it's capabilities are. Only jitter happened was with using ar9000's with the module I had. ar8000 , ar7000 and all ar6000 series rx's work fine, all orange rx's work too, micro rx's as well.

:mrgreen:

Hope that helps.
8-)

Note: The diode is under the heat shrink on the ppm line. Mine didn't work without it.
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

:D thxs cr8ative leo.
a picture is worth more than a 1000 words.
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

one question that i have that i cant find in the guides is, where to connect the module to the Tx. thxs to all the guides and answers of you guys i think im ready to take apart and mod the dsm module but after everything is done where should i solder it or connect the module in the TX.
Keep in mind i want to keep the stock module on the Tx so i want to install the dsm module Inside.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

I velcroed mine in. You need to decide where you want your antenna then.

The ppm (pin 6 of module) goes to the ppm on the tx (see attached pic)

My tx module is the only one there. I removed the turnigy one(i have another radio that isn't butchered as bad that is a stock tx)

As for the antenna, you could replace the stock one with the dsm ine, and mount the stock antenna to the module.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.003067,-79.457256
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327610025.398450.jpg

drcigg

Post by drcigg »

Here's a total newbie question. What is the purpose of this dsm mod?
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

You take a useless no memory cheap 4 ch dsm2 radio that you scored for $20, and install it into a radio with custom firmware, making it the most righteous 6ch dsm2 radio out there.

Lets you fly any dsm2 bnf model.

Return to “Hardware Mods”