FLVS-01/-02 interface

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
flarssen

FLVS-01/-02 interface

Post by flarssen »

Has anyone succeeded in getting data from these sensors? I know the protocol, but not how to wire it to an Arduino.
The output is an opto-coupler, FrSky released the attached drawing of the counter part, but I can's say I understand it.

Fred
Attachments
Capture.GIF
Capture.GIF (4.66 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

jhsa

Re: FLVS-01/-02 interface

Post by jhsa »

That doesn't make sense to me also whatever it is. ;)

What sensor is that?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's the Hub LiPo sensor.

That's part of the circuitry of the Hub, the input from the FLVS-01. Because the FLVS output is from an opto-coupler, it only pulls the signal low, so you need a pullup resistor at the Arduino end, that's the 5K (labelled D1 !) in the circuit above. The other components are to remove noise on the signal, you probably don't need them.

So, just connect the signal from the FLVS to the Arduino serial input and add a 4K7 pullup resistor to the signal. The internal pullup might be good enough, but the opto-coupler might have some leakage current that requires a better pull-up.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
flarssen

Post by flarssen »

Thanks Mike. I should have read page 2 of the document more thoroughly.Turns out it is not serial but PWM:
"The value of hexadecimal code for each byte multiplied by 8 (error tolerance of 4us) and
plus 5000, with unit of us, is transformed into rectangular wave of corresponding period."
Seems like I have a challenge ahead of me. Not sure it's even possible, as I'm already communicating with another sensor using Rx/Tx and using softwareserial for SPort/HUB output.

Fred

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”