frsky menu on non frsky FW

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
wallaguest1

frsky menu on non frsky FW

Post by wallaguest1 »

hi,
why companion9x show the frsky menu in the virtual LCD ? i am using the er9x fw and it shows the menu like if i was using the er9x-frsky

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: frsky menu on non frsky FW

Post by Rob Thomson »

I believe companion shows all the menu options avaliable. regardless of what options are compiled in.

Guess it does this for simplicity :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

in the GUI okey, but in the LCD emulator makes no sense, if its reading the er9x.hex then i guess the options for frsky should not be present,
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It's not reading the .hex (you don't have to choose one, and you don't even need to download it). It has it's own "internal" implementation, with all options.
That could be something, use the options in the preferences page to display things or not in the sim....
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Disabling option at runtime would be particularly complex and furthermore will require some patching of the original firmware code.
So all reasonable options are compiled in the simulator including heli and templates...
We do not have a real atmega/arm simulator but we recompile the firmware code for the windows/mac/linux platform.
The functionality will be the same (so it's a simulator) but does not rely on the downloaded HEX to work.

Return to “companion9x”