Non-symetric Flaperons for a DLG

NebuK

Non-symetric Flaperons for a DLG

Post by NebuK »

Hello fellow OpenTXers and Open9Xers,

i've recently gotten a beginners DLG and now want to program my TX according to the popular method for these kinds of gliders.

I've now put flaperons on inverse throttle. That is, if throttle = 100%, Ail works as usualy controlling my 2 aileron channels between -100 and +100. As i pull throttle down towards -100%,my aileron channels get pulled towards -100 (from 0) to get the flaperon effect.

Now, when throttle is -100%, and both ailerons are at -100, and i move the Ail stick to +100%, the channels only get up to ±0 -- as -100 + +100 = 0. But i'd like them to get up to +100. Imagine both flaperons full down, you operate Ail, and at full Ail deflection, they only move up to neutral, not upwards to full upper position. But this is what i'd want.

Attached is a eepe file of the model setup i'm currently using. Unfortunately i cannot think up a solution to this. Maybe putting Thr on a GVar, and then using the GVar as offset, as the offset is not included in the additive calculation of the channels? But in Companion9x, the "GV" checkbox next to the offset field is greyed out oO. So how would i start doing this? Or is there a nicer solution?

Thanks, and Best Regards
- NebuK
Attachments
fail-flaperons.eepe
(4.78 KiB) Downloaded 427 times

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Non-symetric Flaperons for a DLG

Post by Rob Thomson »

Without having looked... I think you need to look at the 'offset' value on the throttle mixes.

:-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just tried this in eepe (for er9x) but I think openTx will work the same:
CH01: -100% Ail Curve(x>0)
* -50% Thr Offset(-100%) --- multiply multiplex
+100% Ail
+50% Thr Offset(-100%)

With this, the 'up' aileron always goes to +100%. The first 2 mixes increase the amount of 'up' aileron movement by the amount of down flap.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
NebuK

Post by NebuK »

Hey,

thanks for tha answers, both of you. I've tried Mikes proposal and got it working with almost no modification. All i had to do was to replace:
BY
* -50% Thr Offset(100%) --- multiply multiplex

otherwise at throttle=-100%, the output would not move at all when operating the Ail stick.

As i'm still trying to grasp the inner workings of this (and may start to dig the OpenTX sourcecode a little tonight), the last question i have would be how to differentiate the ailerons with this setup. Simply setting the diff curve with diff = 50 / -50 to the +100% Ail line doesn't seem to do the job right...

Thank you so much for your help so far! Best Regards
- NebuK

*EDIT: Actually, i think i've just spouted B*S. This is what you get for tinkering with RC stuff while you should be studying cognitive systems ;P. While one side works perfectly with your provided settings, it seems i'm too dumb to correctly invert them for the other side. Normal aileron control while Thr=100% works perfect on both sides, whereas Thr=-100% results in one Aileron down and one Aileron up, Ail stick controls working as expected. If i now could correctly invert the Throttle stick direction of one of the two channels, i'd be set and ready to and ready to Throw ;P

*EDIT2: Seems like i'm only dumb, and not totally dumb after all ;). After having a short look in the sourcecode and writing down the formula for the calculation of the output value on paper, i was able to invert it quite easily ;). Now i have:

CH02: -100% Ail Curve(x>0)
* 50% Thr Offset(-100%) --- multiply multiplex
+100% Ail
+50% Thr Offset(-100%)
+MAX 10 Switch: THR
[...]
CH04: 100% Ail Curve(x<0)
+100% Ail
-50% Thr Offset(-100%)
+MAX -10 Switch: THR

The added MAX on THR Switch is for the launch mode, where the airfoil is cambered slightly and the elevator is pulled to up even slighter.

Thanks for your great help! The only thing left to figure out now is aileron differentiation. I'd still be grateful on input on how to do that as cleanly as possible :).
Thanks and Best Regards
- NebuK

Return to “openTx model setup”