Stock firmware bug?

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
Airelon

Stock firmware bug?

Post by Airelon »

I have a new FS TH9x, out of the box for a week flying standard 4 channel on a Diamond 2500. Radio and plane are both great so far, but I ran into a hitch today when I tried to set up flaperons.

I can't select two of the throw adjustment numbers in the Flaperon section. I see the standard page, it looks like the following, (ignore 'Code: select all', it's the only way I know to post a table):

Code: Select all

FLAPERON
	STATE  INH
	AIL1	000	000
	AIL2	000	000
	FLP1	000
	FLP2	000
When I hit my 'DN' key I can cycle through, and change, any of the numbers directly under the INH (or ACT, as the case may be) but I can't get over to those two other numbers on the far right. I have the same problem with any page that has the same layout, such as elevons.

Am I stuck without flaperons until I can reflash? Or is this maybe dependent on some other setting I've overlooked? I will be upgrading the firmware, but it will be a while and in the meantime I need some flaperon action.

Last but not least, obviously I'm a 9xNoob, I've only just registered here and already I owe a big thanks to everyone contributing to getting the most out of these amazing radios. So Thanks. Looking forward to much happy tweaking.

Cheers,
Dev

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Stock firmware bug?

Post by Rob Thomson »

I think you really need to re-flash.

IMHO the stock firmware is not much use for anything beyond basic four channel planes.

Any reason for the delay in upgrading? The stock board can be re-programmed for very little effort. There are many people on the forum who are happy to help do this too! Where are you in the world? (Looking at your ip address - State side? Pennsylvania?)

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Airelon

Post by Airelon »

Hi Rob, thanks for the speedy reply. Yep, I'm in south central PA near Gettysburg. The delay in upgrading is due mainly to the Smartieparts board being unavailable, with a projected release date of July 1 for the next version. I have the ability to go a more diy route but the simplicity of the smartieparts option is a big plus. Undecided. I will probably cave at some point and reach for the soldering iron so I can get me some of that reflash sweetness before July.

At the moment I'm just hoping to figure out a bandaid/workaround that will get me a little camber in the light air I'll be flying in today. :)

Dev
GeekPros

Post by GeekPros »

That is not a bug, it's the aileron stick right/left.

I've been trying to get my flaperons working for 14 hours into this project now... but you just have to pull the stick assigned to your ailerons right or left to move the input to the right or left aileron in the flaperon screen. I still can't get it to work, even watching the 8 minute youtube video on 3 pos flaperons turnigy 9x. Here is the link for that video I watched... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIklG35-rU

I found the answer to the right left input on the flaperon screen by watching this foreign language flaperon video. This video may help you but you have to just watch his english screen and his hands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9Wu5cC ... 4DA18FB2CC

All said and done, I can't get flaperons to work. I would really like the 3 position flaperons as in the english video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIklG35-rU - if you can figure out what this guy is not telling me or why mine does not work, please assist. Here is what I have done per the video..

I have aileron 1 on channel 1, Elevator Channel 2, Throttle Channel 3, Rudder channel 4, No gear on 5, Aileron 2 on channel 6.

I have the Ailerons working while using the flap channel for the 2nd Aileron.

Auxilary channel 5 is set to Throttle Hold Switch

Mix 1 is Active, Master is Aileron Channel 1, Slave is Flap Channel 6 with up and down rates at 100. SW is ON, which makes this always on.

Mix 2 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave Aileron, DNRate is set to 100, Switch is Set to ID2. When I switch to ID2 this flap should move, but it doesn't.

Mix 3 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Flap, DNRate is set to -100, Switch is set to ID2

Mix 4 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave Aileron, DNRate is set to 50, Switch is Set to ID1. When I switch to ID2 this flap should move, but it doesn't.

Mix 5 is Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Flap, DNRate is set to -50, Switch is set to ID1

Mix 6 Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Elevator, SW ID1, Curve L point set to 35%

Mix 7 Active, Master is Gear, Slave is Elevator, SW ID2, Curve L Point set to 15%

When I switch to ID1 or ID2, nothing happens.

Test 1
If I set mix one to only work if ID1 is on, then the ID1 switch works ( I did this to test that the switch is working).

Test 2
If I set Aux channel to Hov Pit I can see on the display screen the HOV PIT moving the gear, but if I set mix 2 to have gear control Ailerons, nothing happens... Even if I set it to ON or ID1, ID2, or Norm.

I'm getting tired of testing. I'm new to this but I can follow directions, if I had some. The english manual doesn't explain anything, does not tell you to use the Aileron stick to control the inputs in the Flaperon screen. It doesn't really help at all. I should probably download a DX8 manual to help me understand some of this.

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”