FRsky DR4II telem help

h2ogasnz

FRsky DR4II telem help

Post by h2ogasnz »

Hi All,

A newbe question..

I have the Smartyparts 9xtreme broad instilled and working ok, I have a Frsky DJT in my 9x with the wire for Telem connected, I have a DR4II rx on a Naze32 rev5 FC.

Question: how do I set up the 9ersky to show the battery voltage of the Naze 32? I'm pretty sure I have it all wired up right, black wire off Naze telem pins to Gnd on Rx and green wire to Rx on the Rx. If i set up A1 in ersky on the 9x as 14.8v (using 4s on the quad) I get 5.5 display on the screen.. how do I get it to show the right e.g. 14.8v on the screen?

as an aside how do I get the ersky9 to tell me when telem is resorted? when I turn the Rx off it tell me that it is lost so would like to know how to get it to tell me when it's found.

Thanks for the help,
Jeffrey

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FRsky DR4II telem help

Post by MikeB »

If the Naze is sending FrSky telemetry, then you may need to look at the telemetry value FasV. Do you have information as to what the Naze is sending?

There is a telemetry value TmOK. This takes the value 0 for no telemetry, 1 for telemetry from just the receiver (RSSI, A1, A2), and 2 for user (sensor) telemetry as well.
When TmOK changes for 0 to greater than 0, then telemetry has been recovered.
Set up a logical switch:
L1: v>val TmOK 0
then use this in a voice alert as the switch, with the trigger set to ON, and choose or create a suitable voice file to play.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
h2ogasnz

Post by h2ogasnz »

I think I have figured it all out :) I've got a voice to say Telemetry regainded when it is regainded, set up an alarm with the settings that Mike replied with, I didn't need to do a locgical switch to do, I could do it all from the alarm settings. I made my own voice file for it, first time it didn't work 100%, it was very slow sounding, turns out my file size and bite rate had been to high so I re-did the file much smaller and now it plays 100% ok.

The telemetry I seem to have working now, the biggest thing was I was trying to use A1 but the voltage comes from the Naze by A2 on the DR4II, once I got that figured out the rest was pretty easy.

The only thing I seem to have now is the voltage seem to wonder around up to 1.5 volts from the real reading.

Jeffrey
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

h2ogasnz wrote: but the voltage comes from the Naze by A2 on the DR4II, once I got that figured out the rest was pretty easy.
NO it doesn't. You're looking at an unconnected, floating input on the receiver.

As said the Naze sends voltage as FasV, if you don't see that then you're not getting your voltage reading.
h2ogasnz

Post by h2ogasnz »

OK so that explains the voltage moving round. So how do I set it up with FasV? As I've said I'm a newbe with this do your help would be great

Jeffrey

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Unfortunately that has to do with your flight controller more than the radio. Not sure what you're missing, but I know there are numerous tutorials about it.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”