Transmitter gets stuck if low servo values are sent, GUI ok, no signals transmitted

Paynie

Transmitter gets stuck if low servo values are sent, GUI ok, no signals transmitted

Post by Paynie »

Hi,
as this is my first post, please let me introduce myself.
I am using my Turnigy for regular planes and a selfmade copter since 2009.
This year I upgraded my hw with the 9xtreme board, a FRsky DJT module and currently only two transmitters, one working in D8 mode without telemetry, one in D16 mode with.

The D8 receiver is just connected to an USB converter, for use with Aeroflight and works well.
The D16 receiver is connected to a SPR F3 Racing controller with Clean Flight software for copters and works also well(using SBUS).
My Turnigy uses the 9Xtreme board with the r218 build from 8th of January 2016. Serial port hack for telemetry is also done.
Both receiver have their own profile on my transmitter. The "1" switch on the DJT frsky transmitter module is toggled manually if i switch between the profiles.

Currently I am in the process of a complete update of my copter to new electronics, everything is assembled and RC setup needs to be done.
Unfortunately my transmitter gets stuck if I move almost any axis (or poti) to a low value. I can see in the Clean flight software that suddenly there are no more updates received from the receiver, if a certain threshold is met
- The receiver binding led stays solid green.
- I can still operate the buttons on my transmitter and do get the expected actions, just the receiver seems not to receive anything any longer.
- I tried to cycle power on the copter -> nothing happened , values are still not updated
- I cycled power on the transmitter -> values are updated again.
- The RSSI value is still showing slightly varying values -> Data seems still to be received from my copter.
- I can reproduce this behavior on any, but the throttle axis. It occurs immediately and always.
- The behavior can only be reproduced with the D16 receiver. The D8 receiver works well.

Are there any special pitfalls I should know?
Thank you in advance

Paynie

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Transmitter gets stuck if low servo values are sent, GUI ok, no signals transmitted

Post by MikeB »

1. Check the Tx screen that shows the stick and pot positions, do the small circles in the square boxes still move and to the bars showing the pot positions still move?
2. Check the 'bars' screen, do the bars showing the output channels still move when you move the sticks/pots?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Re: Transmitter gets stuck if low servo values are sent, GUI ok, no signals transmitted

Post by Kilrah »

Paynie wrote:This year I upgraded my hw with the 9xtreme board, a FRsky DJT module and currently only two transmitters, one working in D8 mode without telemetry, one in D16 mode with.
A DJT doesn't do D16, so you might want to check and clarify what you have.

Sounds like you might need to check your failsafe settings and valid pulse ranges in cleanflight.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”