After installation of 9xtreme, my tx is freezing randomly

flayzeraynx

After installation of 9xtreme, my tx is freezing randomly

Post by flayzeraynx »

Hello everyone. I installed 9xtreme to my fs-th9x (9x clone like everyone know) with success but my transmitter is freezing randomly. sometimes at the first boot, sometimes after i select a model, sometimes nothing happens and i fly & shut off w/out any issues.

just because of that freezing issue i lost one of my multicopter. i didn't know that failsafe is not set correctly and my quad is flew away. i was lucky to find it about a week later by coincidence.

So, here is my question.
Is anyone had this random freezing issue before? if yes, could be hardware related or software related?
Is there any way to see some sort of logs to see what is going on? i have microsd card in it with voice files. is there any way to get a log?

or, if it is software related and i have to install a new firmware/upgrade... etc.. is there any way to back-up my model setups to the card?

i do have imac but i can use vmware if i need to do on windows side..

thank you in advance!

jhsa

Re: After installation of 9xtreme, my tx is freezing randomly

Post by jhsa »

Go to http://www.er9x.com and download eepe and eepskye. Install the file and then find eepskye.exe in the eepe installation folder. Create a shortcut on the desktop pointing to this file. Also download the latest release of the firmware for the 9xtreme radio.
Turn your radio ON in bootloader mode by switching it ON while holding both horizontal trims to the centre. Now connect the USB cable. 2 drives should appear on your desktop. One is your SD Card, and the other is a drive with a copy of the eeprom and radio firmware. Leave this one alone. The radio display will display "connecting" even when it is connected.
Open eepskye and download your eeprom from the radio by going to "Burn" and then selecting "Read memory from TX" (l think). You should see your models in eepskye and you can now save your eeprom to your computer.
Next you can use eepskye to flash the new firmware to your radio. Below my post there is a link to some videos I have made explaining how to download, install and use eepskye.
Or, open your SD Card drive, and create a folder called "firmware". Now copy the firmware file you have downloaded to this folder. Now, safely eject the drives from the computer, and disconnect the USB cable. You should now see the firmware file on your radio's display. Select it and press menu long. Press menu long again to confirm and flash it. When finished press exit twice to go back to the main menu. Turn your radio OFF.
Now start your radio in "Maintenance mode" by holding both horizontal trims AWAY from the centre while you switch it ON.
Select "Update Bootloader". Press menu and select the firmware file you have just copied to the radio.. press menu long to update the bootloader from that file. Wait until it is finished and then press exit to go back to the maintenance screen. Now restart your radio and see if it still freezes..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
bob195558

Re: After installation of 9xtreme, my tx is freezing randomly

Post by bob195558 »

Also, for more info about 9Xtreme if you have not seen this yet,
A Directory of information to help with installing the 9Xtreme Board and with using erSky9x and eepSkye,
click on this: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”