No power to RF module port

IanDoy

No power to RF module port

Post by IanDoy »

I finally installed the 9Xtreme board. I also added 2 push buttons and converted a 2 position switch to 2 positions. Everything in the software seems to be working ok, including voice files announcing the name of the model selected.

However, RF modules does not seem to be coming on when plugged in - LED on the module does not come on. I did some trouble shooting and found there is no voltage to pin 3 of the module port. Tracing the connecting wire (green) back to J6 on the 9Xtreme board, there is also no voltage on the green wire on J6. I also measured the various marked voltage points on the 9Xtreme board and they all showed good voltages. That's as far as I got. I was using ER9X on this transmitter before installing 9Xtreme board. Any ideas?
20160326_204532.jpg
Attachments
20160326_203423.jpg

s_mack

Re: No power to RF module port

Post by s_mack »

Please clarify which pin on J6. I don't have a 9X handy right now and I'm not sure which one is the green wire. Assume pin #1 is the one at the "top" (closest pin to J5).
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Did you enable the modules in the Model Setup/Protocol menu? Make sure they are not set to OFF.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
IanDoy

Post by IanDoy »

You hit the nail right on the head, Joao! The RF module came to life after I turn "EXTERNAL" to ON under the Model Setup/Protocol menu - it's magic! Now I have to remember to set that parameter ON for each model.

S_mack, fyi, it pin 6 from the left (pin 1 is next to J5).

Thanks guys for the quick response and solution.
Attachments
20160327_072652.jpg
20160327_072603.jpg

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”