Reversible

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
airtime

Reversible

Post by airtime »

Hello. Did the complete 9Xtreme upgrade. Works perfectly. I want to uninstall the entire product because it is way over my head at the present time. Completely my lameness. Is the process reversible? If I remove everything will my Turnigy 9X just be my turnigy 9X again? Thanks so much...

s_mack

Re: Reversible

Post by s_mack »

:o Not quite the right forum... this one is for my standard programmer. But that's OK.

No, it is not automatically reversed at this time, although if you do post in the 9xtreme forum and ask nice, I bet Mike could figure something out for that purpose, if he hasn't already.

Better yet, I think, would be to get your issues sorted and keep on trucking! Its such a vastly superior experience vs stock firmware, I hope you give it more of a chance.
airtime

Post by airtime »

Thanks for the response. I can hardly even figure out the Turnigy...especially as far as mixing and being able to utilize some of the channels. Most of what I have learned has been via YouTube videos and lots of reading. But really haven't found the definitive resource on RC radios or even a beginners guide. I must say I have had great luck in building two quads, one with Naza flight controller and one with an APM 2.6...But I have only scratched the surface. At least I "kinda got" the Turnigy. At least enough to do some simple commands. For example, 6 way switching for modes. But I got completely lost in er9x....
Once again, thanks for your response...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please try going to http://www.er9x.com and download the er9x manual. Er9x is the lighter version of ersky9x and only has a few less features. But the menus and the way it works is basically the same.
There is a very good manual for ersky9x being written right now. So I would give it a go. Ersky9x uses a different concept from the other systems. Once you understand the basics it becomes much easier than the other systems, with the advantage that you can do stuff that is impossible with other radios. I wouldn't quit just yet.
Also, we are here to help when needed ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I could sort something, although I would need a bit of time to do so. I'm assuming you are considering going back to the original, stock firmware of the 9X.
Almost certainly, due to the way the 9X is originally configured, the contents of the EEPROM will have been erased, so you would need to re-configure any models you have. There is nothing that could be done to have stopped this from happening. The 9X is set with the EEPROM protected from being read, and also forced to be erased when you erase and program the flash with new firmware.

I also would suggest that you persevere with ersky9x on the 9Xtreme. With help here, and the manual João indicated, you will very likely be able to use ersky9x, at least as well as the stock firmware, very quickly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Have a look here. Have you seen these videos? My English is far from being perfect but they might help you a little..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn07XDd ... qcuIqJXhb9

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
airtime

Post by airtime »

Thanks..I will take a look and see what happens...I really appreciate everyone's help!!! So ersky9x Is the same, kinda? I will look into this also and see If it makes sense to me. Thanks.
Daedalus66

Reversible

Post by Daedalus66 »

ErSky9x is an upgraded version of Er9x. If you can understand Er9x, you won't have much trouble with the Sky version. It has more features but is essentially the same at the core.

What usually gives people difficulty is that when you create a new model, the transmitter sets up the first four channels, the ones controlled by the sticks, in the order specified in Radio Settings. You must decide before you set up the model what order you need (changing the order setting won't change a model already created). For example, Spektrum uses TAER, but some flight controllers use AETR. You must also set the transmitter to the correct stick mode, most commonly mode 2 (throttle left).

To see what's going on with the channels, look at the Mixer screen.

The key to setting up a model is to work out exactly what the various channels need to do. Such as, for example, channel 5 may need to be controlled by a switch to give outputs of -100, 100. Figure all that out and you're halfway there -- and you can ask specific questions if you get stuck.

To find out what a particular flight controller needs, look at the instructions or go to a forum discussing such things.

To see what the transmitter is doing, don't turn on the model. Go instead to the graphic main screen on the transmitter (the one with bar graphs representing eight channels) and you will see exactly the results of your programming.

Good luck.

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”