Rssi alarm settings

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
Crucial

Rssi alarm settings

Post by Crucial »

I just installed a DJT and the mods in my radio. I am wondering what alarm levels are good for the rssi levels? I don't know what the max strength reading would be and what the lowest level where you lose range would be. Would anyone care to share what they have their red, orange, yellow set to?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Rssi alarm settings

Post by MikeB »

I just set Yel at 45, gives good range on the ground when range checking, never heard it go off in the air.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I find the FrSky defaults they state in their manuals, of 45 for the first alarm and 42 for the second are pretty good.
pldb64

Post by pldb64 »

I use a frsky D4RII and found that fail safe kicked in at 37. My settings are therefore the default of 43 and 40
zann68

Post by zann68 »

I just got this DJT w/D8Rii Plus RX so this is new for me as well this board. Still need to make a cable to go from the DJT plug to the port on the board. Looking for a build instruction on that also. Don't want to burn something up. Just went from a DX6i to this bad boy - No comparison ;)

On the menu for the Telemtry2 set it like this:

TxRSSIalrm Yel 45
RxRSSIalrm ??? ?? < What to put here?
mAh Alarm 0 Warn1 < my plane uses a 5800mAh battery (2900mAh? here to know when I used half battery)
Num Blades 2 < No problem here
AltAlarm off < Let me Eagle Tree OSD handle this
Volt Thres=0.00 < Have no clue what that is for
GpsAltMain off < Eagle Tree OSD
Calm down gravity is still working!! I just tested it.......

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

TxRSSI is what the receiver sends back as the signal strength it receives from the Tx. RxRSSI is the signal strength the Tx is seeing from the Rx. You can set those 2 values the same.
To use the mAh warning you need to have one of the voltage dividers set up to read amps. Then Er9x can keep track of how many mAh have been used.
Volt Thres is a voltage threshold for lipo cells. If you have the Frsky voltage sensor, it sends back the individual cell voltages. If any of those drop below this threshold it sets off an alarm.

-Gohst
zann68

Post by zann68 »

gohsthb wrote:TxRSSI is what the receiver sends back as the signal strength it receives from the Tx. RxRSSI is the signal strength the Tx is seeing from the Rx. You can set those 2 values the same.
To use the mAh warning you need to have one of the voltage dividers set up to read amps. Then Er9x can keep track of how many mAh have been used.
Volt Thres is a voltage threshold for lipo cells. If you have the Frsky voltage sensor, it sends back the individual cell voltages. If any of those drop below this threshold it sets off an alarm.

-Gohst
Ok I understand that - but the RED, ORANGE, YELLOW - what is that about? I have a sensor coming to read the battery volts. I think my OSD will have everything I really need to see on it. My main concern was an audible tone for the RSSI TX & RX.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Red Orange and Yellow are just different alarm levels. I think Red beeps 3 times Orange 2 and yellow 1 time. I set my alarms to different levels so I can tell them apart.
-Gohst
zann68

Post by zann68 »

gohsthb wrote:Red Orange and Yellow are just different alarm levels. I think Red beeps 3 times Orange 2 and yellow 1 time. I set my alarms to different levels so I can tell them apart.
-Gohst
Thanks got the RSSI stuff to work. Had no clue what that Red, Yellow & Orange was for. Love this ERSKY9x board!! Been a great help :)
IceWind

Post by IceWind »

I was reading this thread and trying to understand the following.
The Red/Orange/Yellow alarm values are set by the radio for the read RSSI values coming from the FrSky telemetry, is that correct?

Meaning that the FrSky TX module will still beep accordingly to the RSSI alarm levels define for the given RX.

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”