Is there truely a problem with all the X8Rs?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
parkgt

Is there truely a problem with all the X8Rs?

Post by parkgt »

This post if correct is more than a little disconcerting.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=620

I specifically bought the Taranis and X8R for a new Pixhawk quad build and this claim has me concerned that I made a mistake?

Kilrah

Re: Is there truely a problem with all the X8Rs?

Post by Kilrah »

There are 2 guys who have gone great lengths alledging there were problems and claiming things completely beyond their own scope, and tons of others saying there are no issues. Then they ignore any claims other than theirs. Read the posts to see the attitude of the 2 guys and their apparent level of understanding and common sense...
WZ9V

Post by WZ9V »

If you read though the whole thread they totally ignore any form of troubleshooting and refuse to try anyone's suggestions. I thought they might have had a legitimate concern but their total refusal to try changing anything to see if things improved tells me that had an agenda and were not concerned with fact finding.
ziipper

Post by ziipper »

I think there is a problem with using an gps module, I watched a vid and and it showed that the problem does exist. Someone fixed it by wrapping the X8R in tinfoil to shield the X8R and it seemed to work. wish I had a link. Sorry maybe I could find it again and give you a link.
WZ9V

Post by WZ9V »

In theory there could be an issue because the FrSky receivers transmit telemetry on 2.4 Ghz which could create a 1.2Ghz sub harmonic that would impact the GPS. I followed the discussion on RCGroups and I am in no way convinced by their arguments. I saw a lot of speculation and some rather suspicious pseudo science geared to prove the point they had already decided on. I have a HKPilot32 and the Neo 7M module that I'm setting up. I'm going to keep an eye out for trouble and probably test with and without telemetry.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ziipper wrote:I think there is a problem with using an gps module, I watched a vid and and it showed that the problem does exist.
Yes but they showed ONE video with ONE GPS module.They then flat out refused to consider redoing the same test with different GPS modules, which would have allowed to eliminate the possibility or a defective or just poor GPS module.
That's the main reason for challenging their report. The second one in line is their generalisation saying "the X8R is unuseable with ANY GPS-equipped multi". I've been flying several for more than a year myself without issue, so it's obviously BS.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”