Count down timer that stops at zero.

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Tr3TopFlyer

Count down timer that stops at zero.

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

So I've been learning to use custom switches and functions to customize my Taranis and I've been able to come up with some useful things. For example I fly multirotors and to arm my FC it's thr -100 rud 100 (no throttle yaw right). I fly OpenPilot boards and once you arm you are supposed to wait 10 seconds for the accels to stabilize and zero out. I would like to activate a 10 second count down timer when I arm. It's very easy to make that happen with one of the two timers but the problem is that in count down mode, once it hits zero, the timer keeps going (negative numbers) and beeps every second. That won't work. I tried setting up a CF that resets the timer once it hits zero but because I had to use the toggle version of the custom switch the timer starts counting down again. So every 10 seconds it beeps. Can you think of a way to make this happen?
"it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled."

Cheers!

Kilrah

Re: Count down timer that stops at zero.

Post by Kilrah »

That one's easy if you take the probem at the root - you do NOT need to wait 10 secs after arming, so the whole thing is useless :)
Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

Kilrah wrote:That one's easy if you take the probem at the root - you do NOT need to wait 10 secs after arming, so the whole thing is useless :)
So let's say you DO have to wait. Do you have a solution? It's ok to say it can't be done or you don't know. :)

Cheers!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

:mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It can be done in maybe a dozen of ways... here's one:
tim10.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
SHv resets / holds as long as active.

EDIT: simplified, file replaced

Tr3TopFlyer

Post by Tr3TopFlyer »

OK that was awesome Kilrah!!! I learned so much from that example...thank you! That's what I was talking about in my other thread. The example that obviously took you a couple of minutes to put together opened my eyes to possibilities that have many applications. The only change I made to yours was instead of using the momentary contact to reset GV1 I set it to my CS that is true when I arm. It works great and to be honest I'm not even sure I will necessarily use this as counting to ten in my head is a very easy thing to do but just seeing how such a thing would be accomplished taught me a great deal. Thanks man!

Cheers!
junspers

Post by junspers »

Would like to see the pictures

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”