Problem setting up dual rate

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
hexfet

Problem setting up dual rate

Post by hexfet »

My first time working with er9x so it's probably a noob error, but could not find the answer in the wiki.

I set up a new model with the simple 4-ch template for a Syma x1 quadcopter. On the mixer screen I swapped ELE and THR to make the channel order AETR. On the limits screen I inverted channel 2 because ELE is reversed on the x1. Made sure the system stick setting was mode 2. Then I bound to the x1 and everything worked great. Awesome.

Then I configured some dual-rate settings for AIL and ELE. 100% weight at Hi and 80 at Mid. But when I went back to main screen I noticed the throttle display was at 20%. Sure enough, flipping the ELE d/r switch makes the throttle go back and forth between -100% and -80%. Verified by plugging in the x1 and watching it skitter along the floor with the throttle stick all the way down.

What am I doing wrong? I noticed that moving the sticks while the EXPO/DR screen is shown displays the stick input on the screen. Everything seems okay with that - when the upper-left reads ELE the display reflects moving the right stick up and down. Similarly when the THR screen is selected and I move the throttle stick.

I had dual-rate working with the stock Turnigy 9x software. The er9x software is svn: er9x-r804, vers: V1.1918-Mike.

Thanks!
Last edited by hexfet on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaos

Re: Problem setting up dual rate

Post by kaos »

there are some glitches in r804, either download r805 (just came out today, supposedly fixed the problem) or use an older more stable version.
AS far as I know r798 is very stable. If you are a new user, I suggest use an older version while stable without the latest functions (which you may not need for a while) so you won't get confused. Wait just a little till all the bugs are worked out for the latest version/function.
Let the more experienced er9x user work out the issues, because they know what is a bug and what is a mistake by their programming.
hexfet

Re: Problem setting up dual rate

Post by hexfet »

Thanks, I will try an earlier version. Saw a post where someone else has this same issue with r804.

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”