I hope I didn't kill my 9XR...need help!

Hardware Support for the 9XR
Adrianm1972

I hope I didn't kill my 9XR...need help!

Post by Adrianm1972 »

I did a lot of research, read the wiki's and forums, watched videos and decided to update my 9xr to OpenTx. I got a USBASP, put CompanionTX on my Macbook, got it all connected to my Tx, backed up the firmware and models, configured a sketch and tried to burn it. All seemed well until the last step when I got an error. after that my 9XR will not start up. the lights are on but no one is home.

I tried to load it again, no luck, I tried to load the back up, no luck. I tried epee and er9x, no luck.

I keep getting this:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 27.29s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x8000
0x27 != 0xff
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude done. Thank you.

=================================================================================
AVRDUDE done - exit code 1
=================================================================================

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?
Last edited by Adrianm1972 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrianm1972

Re: I hope I didn't oil my 9XR...need help!

Post by Adrianm1972 »

Disregard. I figured it out. I found a post on some message board about this being a problem with this release of c9x for macs.

I followed my previous process on a Win7 machine ad I was up and running in 15 min.

I do prefer my Mac. I wish developers kept their Mac apps more current.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: I hope I didn't oil my 9XR...need help!

Post by MikeB »

Good you got it sorted out.
As a developer I have the problem I don't have a mac, so I can't produce apps for it that are tested. I'm having enough trouble doing something for linux users. I have a virtual box running a copy of linux and have to build, and test, the linux version on that for eepe, and I still haven't got eepskye building on linux (getting closer though!!).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Re: I hope I didn't kill my 9XR...need help!

Post by ShowMaster »

I would like to buy a Mac computer but all my ham radio and RC interface devices always run on my XP OS. I have a $200 netbook that I take everywhere to upgrade my equipment at the RC field or repeater site or workbench.

My point is to just buy an older used laptop with XP to bang around as another tool in the toolbox instead of focusing on the high end desktop or laptop that resists using the software we seem to use for our hobbies.
I see dual core laptops for the price of a BNF plane. One less plane for a laptop seems like a good trade.
If I can find a tablet that's a computer that will run our software it may be my next tool in the toolbox. I like having a portable computer at the field now especially with the popularity of the er9x project and now the Taranis. I have upgraded firmwares and voice files for some I fly with that are computer challenged.
For now I just use my $234 single core XP netbook I bought new 4 years ago.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”