disable modelmatch for dsm

Like DSM2/DSMX? Want to mod your radio to support it? Post your messages here!
microdoc

Post by microdoc »

I just loaded er9x and built the lp4dsm module..all working well..the issue I have is I put vapor brick in the snap and fly module..which also works well...but with the 3 different airframes it creates an issue...each airframe requires a different setup..v-tail, elevon and ret...I have set up each model int the memory..but I have to rebind every time I change models....anyone know of a solution ...rebinding is a pita..I assume this is the modelmatch feature..If so can it be disabled ??

Thanks

cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Do you change models before you bind? I have a vapour, corsair , p51d, ultra micro corsair, cx3 and other models with spektrum rx's.
I change a model, then bind it, change to a different model, bind again, to each model i have.
All my binds work and stay bound.
Never had to rebind... Yet.

Model match may/may not work with lp tx modules. Some people said they have had success, i was under the impression only hp modules wouls support model match.

Pat would be best to look at this.
Crucial

Re: disable modelmatch for dsm

Post by Crucial »

I think his issue is that the snap and fly uses the same rx but requires 3 different models in the Tx. Model match makes this difficult since he has to rebind the plane each time he switches to a different configuration.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.php?p ... rview.html
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

I re-read it, 1 module, 3 models. 3 different setups. I get it now... Old age... Sux

So binding the rx with each model memory doesn't work?

I know the vapor rx will want to rebind if you don't first have your radio on. If you have your transmitter on first, the vapor brick won't need to rebind, it just locks in and works. ( at least that is what mine does)
microdoc

Post by microdoc »

Every time I change models..I have to rebind....and yes transmitter turned on first

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

This may sound crazy but could there be a way to setup mixes using the 3 pos switch that would allow you to use the 3 versions of the plane on the same model in er9x?
microdoc

Post by microdoc »

That would work..but is it possible ?? I just loaded the software, so i'm not very familiar with the programming
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

You have your protocol set to lp4-lp5?
microdoc

Post by microdoc »

Yes lp4-lp5....works perfect except rebinding when I change models
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

have you tried dsm? :)

I know with dsmx when I change models I have to rebind... strange... I'm stumped for now.
microdoc

Post by microdoc »

I ended up programming mixes on ID0 ID1 and ID2 and use the same model for all 3 planes
pmackenzie

Post by pmackenzie »

FWIW, you would have exactly the same issue if you used a Spektrum or JR transmitter, but you would not have been able to accomplish the work-around you did :)

Advantage - ER9X :D

When I was working on model match one thing I considered was using one of the characters in the model name as the model match number.
In the end I decided that using the memory slot was better since it would always be unique.

Pat MacKenzie

Return to “DSM2/DSMX Mods”