A brain teaser for model setup

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
kaos

A brain teaser for model setup

Post by kaos »

Well, I have made my Skyfun power train a convertible one. ;) one is a 3S 2200kv with 6x4, one is a 4S 2700 kv 4.75x4.75 and a 4S 64mm edf unit. can be swapped with two screws.
now the question is the EDF which is vector thrust capable. I used a vector nozzle from my spare for a AMX pro and custom made a removable VT EDF like this. The control servos were a V-tail geometry, I converted it to a 90 degree configuration, ele and rud.
the edf is mounted on a 10x10mm square CF rod to slot in the motor mounting bracket on the skyfun and removable with two screws.
the edf is mounted on a 10x10mm square CF rod to slot in the motor mounting bracket on the skyfun and removable with two screws.
This is how it is mounted on the skyfun:
130819-2.jpg
130819-3.jpg
130819-1.jpg

I , as of now, still have the delta wing programed for both ailerons. as for the VT edf, I programed with a switch that I can activate the VT with a switch and controlled by ele/rud for boosted ele/rud thrust. or deactivate the VT and use it as a straight EDF.
now my question is, once I activate the VT function, I will have boosted ele/rud function by the VT. Should I program the aileron still as a delta wing or should I program the aileron as a normal aileron with flaperon function for landing and use the VT for ele/rud control. What would be flight character for each way of programming the aileron, as delta or simple aileron?
I can program the ID0-2 into 3 mode, so one is for delta with straight EDF, one for delta with VT EDF for boosted ele/rud and 3rd for flperon with VT EDF as ele/rud. (Thx for the flexiblility of ersky9x ;) )

Any one has done this before or have some idea about the fly character for each way of programing?

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”