9xr usb asp problem

rnckt

9xr usb asp problem

Post by rnckt »

please help me move this topic if this is not the right subforum.

What I want to do is connect my 9xr to my pc to backup my models and probably flash er9x/opentx afterwards but eepe gives me an SCK error when trying to download models (I also tried flashing er9x directly with the same outcome)
I've read that this is a common problem but I have flashed a KK 2.0 board and a couple of F20 ESC with SimmonK without a problem, it's only the 9xr that gives me a SCK error.

Please point me in the right direction.

Kilrah

Re: 9xr usb asp problem

Post by Kilrah »

Probably because the KK flashing tool does not show you the SCK error because it can be ignored :)

However you unfortunately can't backup your models with the stock 9XR firmware, as Hobbyking have read-protected the EEPROM.
If you want to be able to use the PC features you will have to reflash your radio with openTx/ER9X and reenter your models manually first.
rnckt

Post by rnckt »

I understand, so I guess I have to "backup" the old way with just pen and paper before flashing ER9X.
I did this last week so I'm not sure I did it, but I think I actually tried to flash ER9X and I was getting the same SCK error.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As said this error is not a problem, it does not mean anything went wrong.
So if it DID go wrong there's probably another error, and that would be the important one.

Return to “PROGRAMMERS”