Help neede: setting up EPA for Trottle +-150%

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
vovancbr

Help neede: setting up EPA for Trottle +-150%

Post by vovancbr »

Hi, I'm a new opentx user and finding it cool but a little complicated, I am currently trying to set up my failsafe on copter (APM 2.5) and looks like I need a throttle signal to be -150%+150% for initial setup (later to be returned to -100%+100%) .
I was trying to find this function under the menu - but no luck. maybe someone can help me to find this. On some radios it's called EPA.

thanks in advance

RC transmitters usually have a default range for each channel that goes from -100% to 100%, however most transmitters will allow you to extend this to -150% and 150% respectively.
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/failsafe/

Kilrah

Re: Help neede: setting up EPA for Trottle +-150%

Post by Kilrah »

On openTx the maximum is 125%, that you can get to by enabling Extended limits on the model setup page and then setting the limits themselves. It however corresponds to more than 150% on most radios.
vovancbr

Post by vovancbr »

Kilrah wrote:On openTx the maximum is 125%, that you can get to by enabling Extended limits on the model setup page and then setting the limits themselves. It however corresponds to more than 150% on most radios.
thank you a lot. this is really helpful.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I got as low as 990us. And you can set the failsafe limit in APM. I did set it to 1030. And after that I adjusted the throttle endpoint to 1100. Works like a charm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Return to “openTx”