Help needed with Knife edge mixes in er9x

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
rcguy1958

Help needed with Knife edge mixes in er9x

Post by rcguy1958 »

Probably a noob problem...but I can't figure out how to do Rudder/elevator, rudder/aileron mixes to resolve tucking/ twisting tendencies during knife edge flight. Any help would be appreciated.

Using latest er9x firmware, Turnigy 9X tx with smartie parts board

Kilrah

Re: Help needed with Knife edge mixes in er9x

Post by Kilrah »

Pretty easy indeed. A rudder to elevator mix is... some percentage of rudder added to elevator.
So on your elevator channel, add a new mixer line with "some percentage" of the RUD source. Done. Same for the other one obviously.
rcguy1958

Post by rcguy1958 »

Guess I didn't describe it correctly, though your suggestion worked, but didn't give me what I was looking for. What I'm trying to accomplish is, when in knife edge with left rudder deflection I want to add say 5% up elevator, and with right rudder deflection 2% up elevator. I'll probably also need to add a little left aileron with right rudder only.
I got the simple mix you described to work, but it was always the same amount in both directions. On the right track, but I guess it needs to be more complex. Thanks for the suggestion. Been playing with it in eepe but not getting it.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can use the Offset value in the mixer you created to shift the response.
Or you can also use a curve.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Don't forget to turn your switch back when you finished the knife edge ;)
I programmed a good mixing for knife edge in all my models..
Actually 2 mixings and no switches ;)

1) Brain programming - To get all the stick inputs right and the exact amount of mixing on every control surface. that includes a bit of down or up elevator when in knife edge so the model flies straight. Actually I've found out that if I apply a bit of elevator I'm even able to turn the plane when in knife edge.. I love this firmware :D

2) Finger mixing - This mix makes sure the the first mix works well. It tries to move the controls exactly according to the commands provided by the brain programming mixing.. Sometimes is not easy as the operator (me) get old.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a beer,

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

rcguy1958

Post by rcguy1958 »

Actually, I'm going to leave them on all the time. The mix amounts are small and I have no problems leaving them on with my DX7 in my other planes. The curve was the solution for me, thanks Kilrah. It now works exactly as I wanted. The more I work with this software the more I like it, definitely leaning towards utilizing this radio in all my planes,also leaning towards replacing all my RX's so I can bundle all my orange rx's with the sale of my Spektrum.
Thanks again guys
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Lol.... Join the club.

Most people dump their old radios once they get their head round the firmwares :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Other radios? what other radios? are there any others?? :o :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”