Two switchable modules in 9x (original and Frsky)

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
Mindauxx

Two switchable modules in 9x (original and Frsky)

Post by Mindauxx »

Hello,

I am new to your forum. I have read it quite for some time and did some mods to my Turnigy 9x according to your site. Now I have ER9x and I absolutely love it. I am still using original Turnigy 2.4gHz module (wired by antenna cable). I have five receivers for it and I don't want to loose functionality for my foamies. However, I want to add Frsky module (preferably DHT-U with telemetry screen), but want to leave original module in place, wired and working. I know, that I would screw up the coax antenna re-soldering and I don't want to buy second radio for the new module, so my question is:

How do I wire up the DHT-U module (only three connections, PPM, +6V, GRND.) in parallel with my original Turnigy module in-place, so I can add two position switch to choose the module before powering up the radio?
I would like you to explain, where are these three connections, where should I cut traces and wire up modules in parallel with switch? I am not sure which traces or connections are these PPM, +6V and GRND.

I have done PPM fix, and I know, that this trace is PPM. Can I just add the connection from that PPM trace to switch, and then two wires from switch would go to original module connection and DHT-U PPM wire? Am I right? And I would do the same for the +6V trace on the second pole of the 2-pos switch. But I am not sure where it is...

And the last question. Do I NEED TO REMOVE PPM FIX FROM BOARD (not module internals), when I wire up two modules in parallel with switch? Should I move the PPM fix to the internals of turnigy module?

Thanks!
--

pmullen503

Re: Two switchable modules in 9x (original and Frsky)

Post by pmullen503 »

I would connect the DHT-U via the trainer port. You'll have to get power to the DHT-U but you'll have the ability to run both simultaneously if you want.
gohsthb

Re: Two switchable modules in 9x (original and Frsky)

Post by gohsthb »

Have a look at my blog, I did something similar.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “RF MODULES”