c9x v1.07 possible issue or?

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
Ozzy

c9x v1.07 possible issue or?

Post by Ozzy »

Hi, first off I want to thank everybody for the wonderful er9x and c9x code!

I am starting to get a small grip on the powerful mix section of the er9x firmware, totally cool and smokes my buddies $600 JR9303 Tx :D

I have a Turnigy 9x with er9x v773 with 8 models, was going to back up the models then add some features to my current Z1 model (it's a wing glider with 4 servos with elevons, flapperons, crow and virtual rudder mixes).

I started c9x ver 1.02 and is said there is an update, so I installed it (v1.07). I backed up my model memories (I did not realize it was saving them as .bin file). The models popped right up into c9x, so I did not expect anything was wrong.

I then opened my buddies model he sent me and copied some of the new mixes to my model,,,

Then I wrote that new file (write eeprom to Tx), it stated completed successfully, but my 9x did not reboot, nothen on LCD, looked like I bricked it, but I was still able to read the Tx model memory back into c9x, unplugged HC programmer and tried a reboot, nothen, connected back to programmer and can read models. I decided to flash the OS with the latest er9x r780, success, then cal the sticks and BG. Ok now just reload my models, avr completes successfully and again no LCD.

I decided to go back to the last c9x I had ver 1.02, programmed er9x r780, cal,ed sticks and BG, then uploaded today's backed up model memory (saved from c9x v1.07 as a .bin file) and it complained (dam I can't remember the exact error). So I tried loading a previous model backup .eepe file, sweet it worked, back on track.

Where did I go wrong? is there a possible bug or one older version of c9x memory save files are not compatible with the latest 1.07 c9x?

Thanks again for the excellent software, turned my $65 Tx in to a excellent Tx!
Oz

Kilrah

Re: c9x v1.07 possible issue or?

Post by Kilrah »

As far as I know C9X does not yet support the latest features that were implemented in er9x. If you use er9x, you should stay with eePe until c9x is updated. Do check the models you've restored to see if everything's right.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Right, either you use er9x + eePe, or - better :) - open9x + companion9x

Bertrand.
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

bertrand35 wrote:Right, either you use er9x + eePe, or - better :) - open9x + companion9x

Bertrand.

I lurked for a few weeks about all the different firmwares and "seemed" like er9x was most popular, so that is what I used (even on the last 12 mods I did for friends).

So whats the pros/cons of open9x over er9x? (since I started in July 2012, er9x went from 708 to 780, seems pretty active, I have no idea what open9x status is).

Thanks!
Ozzy
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Open9x went from 1100 to 1700, but the number of revisions is not something which will allow you to compare the 2 FW!

The features list (a little bit outdated) and a lot of screenshots are here:
http://code.google.com/p/open9x/wiki/Open9xFeatures

Last changes are described here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2334
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2210
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2083
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1725

Bertrand.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Ozzy wrote:
bertrand35 wrote: So whats the pros/cons of open9x over er9x?
Lots of debate on this one.. search the forums and you will find many people asking the same.

In reality.. personal choice. They are similar.. but work on slightly different semantics.

Currently open9x has a large dev team. No doubt in 2014 uberX9XXX will be released and loads of developers/people will use that :o

Bottom line... try it out. If you dont like it.. change it!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “companion9x”