Joystick interface in companion9x

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Joystick interface in companion9x

Post by bertrand35 »

Hi,
We have to thank Romolo for this new feature which will be part of the next version!
It has been successfully tested with a cheap USB gamepad (given with my internet box) and also with my 9x + a simulator USB cable.
Wonderful work, thanks!
Bertrand.

jhsa

Re: Joystick interface in companion9x

Post by jhsa »

That is really nice. Now another idea.. this one is difficult for sure.. ;) what about a second simulator screen where you could choose the type of model you want to programm for example, a glider with all types of moveable surfaces (people could just use the ones they need) a plane also with all the surfaces a plane could have, flying wing, heli, etc..
Maybe this would be overkill but it would be fun to have for sure and I think it would help to visualize the mixes better than moving bars...

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Romolo
9x Developer

Re: Joystick interface in companion9x

Post by Romolo »

About the idea of simulating a whole model, it's far beyond companion9x aims and probably above my programming skills.
First It's very difficult to reproduce "your own" model, parts movement are not only conditioned by programming but also by mechanics.
Leverages, servo orientation, servo speed should be taken into account when making up a simulacra, simply setting up a model configuration tool will be an enormous task.
I don't say it cannot be done, but doing it very well, it's like rewriting from scratch an rc model simulator.
If someone wants to contribute we can explain how to get channels values inside fw simulator.
Regards, Romolo

Return to “companion9x”