motor wont work

Not sure what firmware to use? Making a new firmware? Ask in here!
shurick

motor wont work

Post by shurick »

I have bought this fly sky th9 to replace my dynam because of range issues. i got every thing to work, all but the motors wont start. they are detrom escs. they stock dynam has a cut off switch for the motor to start. but with the th9 i dont know how to start the motor or do i have to calibrate the esc with the th9 or is it in the seting please help.. how do i set the cut off switch or calibrate what do i have to do please please help thank all

ShowMaster

Re: motor wont work

Post by ShowMaster »

I have to ask a few questions so we're both on the same page.
Is this a stock 9x or a reflashed er9x upgrade tx?
Have you tried powering your RX with a BEC and using a servo on the throttle channel to make sure the servo moves with the throttle stick. Does it move full range of normal servo travel?
This is an important test because if your speed controller does not see a full throw to what should be lowest throttle it won't arm itself to fly.
Other things to check.
If this tx is running the er9x firmware you must calibrate the stick throws in that menus.
Something else,
If your throttle channel is reversed and powered on the speed control will no arm. That's a menu setting to check. You could try keeping the throttle full open when you turn on. If it is reversed it'll arm it's self them but try menus setting first " with the prop off" for safety.
Lastly,
Some new 9xs may have the wires reversed on the pots at the factory. Easy fix but the servo test will verify the channels are working and you can go from there.
Worse case....
Some 9xs have had damaged stick pots that won't give you the correct total throw. Sad but it has happened. There is something to try of this is the worst case but you should try everything above first. Hopefully it's just a reversed throttle setting in the menu to try first.
Please report back what progress you've made.
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

if change the ESC from one tx to the other you should always calibrate it anyway.
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

My thinking is to first determine what firmware his tx actually has, stock or er9x.
Next have him verify the throttle channel actually is working using a servo as well as seeing how much throw range it has.
Next hopefully it's a reversed pot wiring error or just in any case that the throttle channel is reversed. That could cause the sc to not arm if it's reversed.
Finally I've had to repair several throttle pots that came with one side not connecting to the element. Recrimping the connection restored full range again.
Lastly I had a new stock 9x with the first memory corrupted? I could not get a servo to move in the throttle channel. The other 3 ok. My scope showed this on the ppm out. Finally I tried the second stock memory and everything worked. As I remember I deleted memory one and it returned to normal.

I've modified or fixed 10+ 9x radios now some with, bricked m64, or reversed battery, or bad stick pots but the corrupted memory was the hardest to find because I thought it was a menu or hardware?
Hope this helps others.
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
shurick

Post by shurick »

ok i have the stock firmware cause i just bought through hobby parts and yes the 3ch works i plugged the rudder to it but i have to hold down the switch on the far right the one that dont click the one that springs back then the servo moves ch 3.. but this radio i have to plug the battery then turn it on,, becouse if i turn the radio then the power the escs go crazy beep. ok that switch on the far right the one that spring back gives chanel 3 power when i hold it. and how do i set the remote to full stick through,

shurick

Post by shurick »

ok throdle neeedle seems to be workng moving from L 1 2 3 H all the thoough and the stuff is set to
STA IHn
ACC 000
EPO -100
EP1 -050
EP2 000
EP3 050
EPO 100 i dont know is that correct
and how do i turn off that spring back switch on the far right ? please help
shurick

Post by shurick »

in the reverse menu all channels dark on the left side they are the same . dark left bright right side,, man i need help with this
shurick

Post by shurick »

all the e.point are at 100%
thro hold is ihn, hold position 000%
all the trim seting is 001 (000)
all fal safe is nor
when i do display mode the throdle does not show unless i hold down the switch far right spring switch
throdle delay is set to ihn rate 000
shurick

Post by shurick »

ok i fegure out the spring switch it was on trainer mode

can some one please tell me how to program my esc with the th9 maybe that the problem thats all
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

shurick wrote:can some one please tell me how to program my esc with the th9 maybe that the problem thats all
You need to find that info in your ESC's user's manual, procedures are different depending on the manufacturer.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Try this thread at RCGroups
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575
You have to register but it's free.
The group is dedicated to your TX and stock firmware. So many there to help if you can't find answers here. Most here have flashed their firmware to er9x or open9x to enhance the stock radio and never go back so we can be rusty with answers.
Welcome in any case.

Return to “other”