programming acrobatics

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
Tizzy

programming acrobatics

Post by Tizzy »

I came from the Parrot AR Drone quadcopter and the v2 has acrobatics pre-programmed. At the touch of a button the drone will do a quick flipover while still flying, making for some sweet acrobatic moves. I've seen video footage of DIY quads where this has been mimicked and I'm wondering if it's something I could program the t9x to do on my quad.

What I'd like to do is use the trainer switch in combination with a stick to do a full 360 flip and depending on the stick direction (the roll\pitch stick seems the most logical) it would be able to flip in different directions. So holding the trainer and pitching fwd would do a frontflip, trainer & pitching back would do a reverse flip, rolling left a left flip... you get the idea.

I know this is possible but where to start, any idea's?
HK Turnigy9x icw FrSky DJT - 5db antenna mod and running Er9x
2x AR Drone v1; DYI RCTimer RM450 930KV quadcopter; DYI RCTimer x650
(DYI - Do Yourself In)

Kilrah

Re: programming acrobatics

Post by Kilrah »

The calculations for this kind of things need to be done onboard the aircraft, there's no way to make sure that it gets executed correctly by just triggering some commands on the radio without feedback.

The aircraft that do this have an onboard computer, and sensors to measure the attitude at all times. When you start the maneuver from the remote control it only tells the onboard computer to do it, and it will take care of the rest by giving inputs, measuring the results and checking several hundred times per second that it's doing what it should, and correcting if needed.
Tizzy

Re: programming acrobatics

Post by Tizzy »

http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic ... p&start=10

Sorry, done already. Found it on the multiwii forum :-D

Acrobatic flying, flipping, rolling and looping are standard pretty much standard functionality in Acro mode by changing the rates: "RC Rate to 1.0 and my Pitch/Roll rate to 0.7" seems to work well. The issue is the quad is wild, almost unmanageable like that and even the little stick movements have large effects. The thread above allows the Tx to switch from Acro mode to LEVEL mode (on CH6) if the sticks are under a certain threshold (which is relatively easy to program on the 9x). So nearing center or letting go of the sticks will automatically put the quad in LEVEL mode.
HK Turnigy9x icw FrSky DJT - 5db antenna mod and running Er9x
2x AR Drone v1; DYI RCTimer RM450 930KV quadcopter; DYI RCTimer x650
(DYI - Do Yourself In)

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”