swaping mode 2 to mode 4 "in flight"

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
JLTGTI

swaping mode 2 to mode 4 "in flight"

Post by JLTGTI »

This probably is a noobish question... but the search tool didnt got anything.. so sorry if its repeated..

I would like to be able to switch between 2 flight modes "in flight" ... more exactly between mode 2 and 4.. wich means swaping the ailerons - rudder between sticks

Esentially i fly mode 2 but i fly with people who does mode 4 and cant handle (acording to them) mode 2.. sometimes i "lent" my plane to them in flight so the option of swaping ailerons and rudder from one stick to the other would be interesting..

in older radios what i did was making a mix so the rudder stick in mode 2 is mixed with ailerons .. that allows them to fly the plane but with rudder allways working.. maybe in Er9X we can swap functions directly more cleanly?

any options?

Kilrah

Re: swaping mode 2 to mode 4 "in flight"

Post by Kilrah »

Very easy. Say your aileron servo is on CH1. The default mix on that channel will be 100%AIL. Edit that mix, and on the switch line add a switch, for example ELE. Then add a second mixer line on that channel, 100%RUD, and switch !ELE. When the switch is off CH1 will be controlled by the right stick, when it's on by the left one.

The only problem will be that trims are swapped too. There's a solution, but it's different depending on the firmware you use (er9x or open9x). Which one are you using?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
JLTGTI

Post by JLTGTI »

er9X

Oh so if i dont understand bad its basically adding 2 mixes for that chanel changing the source (AIL and RUD) and putting each on the 2 positions of a switch so it will take one source or the other depending on switch position?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Exact!
JLTGTI

Post by JLTGTI »

So when selecting switch for example ELE (elevator switch) its ELE for one position and ELE! for the other?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep. ELE is ON (close to you) and !ELE is OFF.

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”