custom display settings resetting

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Tizzy

custom display settings resetting

Post by Tizzy »

Hi guys,
Is the custom display screen supposed to reset to the initial Timer\A1\A2 settings every time the tx is switched off?
I'd like to monitor the power usage and have an FS100 hooked up to a d8r plus II, but I have to change the setup to display the FS100 data every time. It's a little tedious and doesn't seem logical (I get like that too every now and then but this is a lot more consistent). I did a search here but nothing came up so I'm wondering if I've broken something or whether I need a firmware update or something?
Cheers,
Rick
HK Turnigy9x icw FrSky DJT - 5db antenna mod and running Er9x
2x AR Drone v1; DYI RCTimer RM450 930KV quadcopter; DYI RCTimer x650
(DYI - Do Yourself In)

Kilrah

Re: custom display settings resetting

Post by Kilrah »

I suppose you use er9x, so you need to upgrade to the latest version, custom screen settings weren't saved until recently. I'm moving the thread to the appropriate section too.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Custom Telemetry settings were first saved in r774.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Tizzy

Post by Tizzy »

Checked on page3, I am indeed using r773. Must have just missed the upgrade, thanks again Mike.

I'm assuming the r775 is on the wiki for both er9x-frsky as well as er9x-frsky-noht?

EDIT
Just flashed r776 and then put my eeprom backup back for the models but found something strange: I have an FLVS voltage sensor connected directly to the FAS-100 which is connected directly to the Rx and the individual cell voltage is now completely off. Instead of say 4.03 its 1.53. I looked for a setting but other than the A1 voltage calibration I cant seem to find something to adjust the FLVS. Any tips?
HK Turnigy9x icw FrSky DJT - 5db antenna mod and running Er9x
2x AR Drone v1; DYI RCTimer RM450 930KV quadcopter; DYI RCTimer x650
(DYI - Do Yourself In)
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Hi,

I have all mods available done on my Turnigy 9X (back light, frsky telemetry, speaker, haptic (phone vibration), etc) all done with the help of this community, but I would like to know if we have available one more analog port!?

I have my 5.8ghz (module, voltage regulator,etc inside my Turnigy! and I would like to know if it is possible to have my video RSSI (voltage) on screen. Sometimes I fly with googles sometime with a screen, and it would be nice to see my video signal and, last but less perhaps an audio warning.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
H

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

All analog inputs are used. You could maybe sacrifice one of the 3 potentiometers to regain one if you don't use them all though...
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

@Kilrah

thanks, good idea, I´m not using them all... and what about the code for that? :)

Cheers,
H
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Can someone help? this sould not be so hard to code! I think...
Unfortunatly I don´t know how :)
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I think you will find the coders are rather tied up with additions and mods that are not do custom - and benefit everyone.

I am sure what you want is possible; but it would be a rather bespoke version of the firmware - leading to the questions of who maintains it - who keeps the mods ported into newer release etc...

All gets rather time consuming :)

Much easier if you could code yourself?

:):)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Yes yes, you are right! I´m just good for the hardware part... so, no video rssi :(
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I figure someone may have more interest in this via the sky9x board as this has spare inputs.

Possible too is a custom firmware for Steves telemetryEZ board - this may also work.

Regardless... it is a fair bit of work :-)
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Thank you Rob, I´ll take a look on that to see where is it at this time, but I´ll to ask a friend who knows how to code if he can do this for me using one of the pots analog input, because I do not use them all on my drones as you can imagine ;)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Have you actually used video RSSI so far and found it useful for you? Because from experience it's pretty useless as a standalone indication. It's useful for automatic diversity switching between different receivers, but not so much as a value. The picture quality says more than the number.
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

Kilrah wrote:Have you actually used video RSSI so far and found it useful for you? Because from experience it's pretty useless as a standalone indication. It's useful for automatic diversity switching between different receivers, but not so much as a value. The picture quality says more than the number.

Good question, I will see what it got´s of voltage, connect it to my osd witch have an 0 to 5v analogue port, calibrate, test it and report, if I need a buffer (think not) I have one made for this kind of situations!
kataventos

Post by kataventos »

I use for my FPV modules and custom hardware, that´s why it all fits inside my Turnigy 9x:

This is my VRX (Boscam RX5808):
Attachments
5_8GHz_RX.jpg

Return to “er9x”