Assign expo amount to knob?

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
bladeaudio

Assign expo amount to knob?

Post by bladeaudio »

Using er9x. As the thread title says, is there a way to assign a knob to control the expo amount of a channel? Say all the way ccw on the knob gives no expo and full cw gives 100% expo.

Switching between flying fpv and line of site on my multirotor I need/want a different amount of expo when I fly. Also, when filming video via fpv it would be nice for a moment to dial in even more expo and then be able to back it off mid flight

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Assign expo amount to knob?

Post by MikeB »

This is tricky as exponential is applied to the stick input, not the channel output, however the exponential implemented is really the 'cube' of the stick value.
This means we can simulate the exponential with some MULTIPLY mixes.
Try something like:

CH09: +50% P1 offset 100%

CH10: +100% AIL
CH10: *100% AIL
CH10: *100% AIL
CH10: *100% CH09

CH01: +100% AIL
CH01: * -100% CH09 offset -100%
CH01: +100% CH09

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Re: Assign expo amount to knob?

Post by Kilrah »

I should revive the global setting solution I suggested to Bertrand some time ago. These things really get forgotten if we don't open enhancement issues for them...

In short:
- Have a certain number of "global variables" that can mirror anything (fixed value, control input, channel output, telemetry value,... with the same loooong list we have for sources in custom switches)
- Be able to assign these global values to any field that would normally hold a number. As those fields can usually hold a few more values in the bitfield size than the +/-125 limit for numbers (mixer weights and offsets, D/Rs, expos, limits, etc) those "unused" values could be mapped to the GVs. For example a 8-bit field that's used between -125 and +125 has 5 unused values, so it would be easy to assign a choice of 5 GVs to any 8-bit numeric field without additional eeprom. The only eeprom needed would be the 5 bytes to store the choices for the input to those GVs.

Would add even more possibilities to do very twisted things, plus make it convenient to do things like that variable expo that owners of radios that allow it love (e.g. Multiplex, where any numerical parameter can be assigned to one of the 2 rotary encoders for easy in-flight adjustment)

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”