Update OTx 2.3.13 to 2.3.15 - The SD Card?

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Scram

Update OTx 2.3.13 to 2.3.15 - The SD Card?

Post by Scram »

I updated from OTx 2.313 to 2.3.15 and downloaded the SD card for the later version.

Why do I need to copy this to my Tx SD card other than to get the "opentx.sdcard.version" file? If I just copy the 2.3.15 SD card contents to the Tx I loose many files and folders. The only other difference I can find is in the SCRIPTS\WIZARD folder which now has a sub folder for the images.

So as far as I can tell, all I need to do is copy over the opentx.sdcard.version file and update the WIZARD folder.

I cannot tell if any of the .lua files have been revised as the file sizes are the same and the dates only refer to the date they are installed.

Advice appreciated, thanks.

rdeanchurch

Re: Update OTx 2.3.13 to 2.3.15 - The SD Card?

Post by rdeanchurch »

The one real concern is that, besides the version text file, there may be changes or additions to the/SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM .wav files.
These are the sounds used for system messages including numbers, units, etc. in telemetry and warnings. I often just copied the
new /SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM folder from the new version to my old version. Then I changed the opentx.sdcard.version text file.
That may not have been everything but i never noticed any errors if there were any.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Scram

Re: Update OTx 2.3.13 to 2.3.15 - The SD Card?

Post by Scram »

Yes, I agree with that, in part. Copying the language .wav files takes quite a long time and I only need the en versions so that is all I have on the earlier version SD card. The difference that comes then, is that the new SD card version has only 60 items but I have 546 sounds on the old version because I have added the Amber voices - some very amusing :D

EDIT: Ah, I missed your ref to the en/SYSTEM folder. Yes indeed there is a difference (219 items on old one, 216 on new one) so I will copy those over also. Thanks for the pointer as I had missed spotting the en/SYSTEM folder entirely.

Cheers, Jerry

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”