Model Specific Binding??

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
SkudMissile

Model Specific Binding??

Post by SkudMissile »

I have a 9xr pro that I got around 2016 and a collection of four cars and one quadcopter that I want to run from it.
At present I have the Frsky DJT module in it with the D8r-ii in the quad and a couple of d4r-ii receivers for the cars but have a couple of questions:
Firstly, I can’t seem to source anymore of the receivers as they’re obsolete (recently got one but can’t find more anywhere) so I’ve been hunting high and low for alternatives that will still give me the a2 analogue voltage for the lipo on the model - seems like my only option is to upgrade to an XJT module and the newer (but still obsolete though at least available) d16 type X4R.
Only thing is I don’t want to junk my existing d8 type receivers so would I need to keep changing the dip switches on the back of the XJT module when changing between models that use the different receivers?
Second, I have an old core rc code transmitter with 3 receivers that I used to use and that one allows model specific binding so the receivers only work when the correct model is selected but it seems my current receivers all just work and I can’t find a setting in the menus - does such an option exist in the software?
I recently upgraded to the latest available firmware on the transmitter.
Matt

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Model Specific Binding??

Post by MikeB »

With a XJT module you may select D16 or D8 from the menu, so you would not need to change the DIP switches (you use "XJT" protocol not PPM with the XJT).
D8 protocol does not support "model specific binding" but D16 does (called RxNum in the menu).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
SkudMissile

Re: Model Specific Binding??

Post by SkudMissile »

Great thanks for that Mike!
Matt

Return to “ersky9xr”