Frsky QX7 not keeping the time anymore after power shutdown.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
ninjazx11

Frsky QX7 not keeping the time anymore after power shutdown.

Post by ninjazx11 »

Hi all,

I am having a little issue with my QX7. Its not keeping the time anymore after power shutdown. RTC battery is right on 3v. I opened it up and couldn't find anything obvious. Is there any eeprom chip that saves all the info or its the main processor that keeps the time info? Any suggestions please. Thanks.

ninjazx11

Re: Frsky QX7 not keeping the time anymore after power shutdown.

Post by ninjazx11 »

Update:

I first tried to remove the main battery and RTC battery and re inserted both batteries but it didn't change anything and was having the same issue.

I remember I was having some message related to SD version not matching a while ago. So I thought to remove the SD card and powered it up and set up time and date and it started keeping it. After that I even inserted my same SD card back and its still keeping it.. Fingers crossed..

But it sounds weird that removing the SD card fixed the issue. I read that there is a RTC chip that keeps time and has 3V all the time from the RTC battery to keep the memory and clock running and it communicates with the main MCU on i2C bus but don't understand how SD card was effecting it.. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am running quite newer OpenTx version on my QX7.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The RTC is in the main processor, no separate chip or external communication.
ninjazx11

Post by ninjazx11 »

Oh I see. Thanks for the info. But not sure why removing SD card effected the RTC.

Return to “Hardware”