Binding with Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select

spcboarder

Binding with Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select

Post by spcboarder »

Hello,

I try to bind my Radioking with Spektrum receiver in an e-flite A-10 Warthog (https://www.horizonhobby.de/en_DE/produ ... 01150.html )

A friend of mine was binding his Radioking with an e-flite model without any problems by using the DSMX 11ms protocol. I do not have this protocol. I read in RC Groups that it has been renamed to DSMX 2F which does not work for me.

Either:

a) binding does not work or
b) binding is working, but NO control is moving.

The beeping for the binding stops after 1 set of beeps (as if the receiver was found) but I just don't get any movement to the plane whatever channel i use.

What should I do?

Br,
spcboarder
Attachments
DSM X F2.png
DSM X F2.png (194.01 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Last edited by spcboarder on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spcboarder

Re: Binding with Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Selec

Post by spcboarder »

After Flashing the Firmware to Version Jumper T 18 2.3.12 I got the Modes DSM X11ms, but it did not work with binding.

After Flashing the internal Module Firmware I lost DSM X11ms again.

Seriously, I do not know what to do.

Br, spcboarder
Kilrah

Re: Binding with Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select

Post by Kilrah »

You should just let it autoselect.
spcboarder

Re: Binding E-Flite A-10 Warthog with Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select

Post by spcboarder »

Thank you for the answer. The problem was somewhere else - I would have never found it allone.

I have the e-flite A-10 Warthog with the Spektrum AR636 receiver withAS3X and SAFE. As I wanted to test the servos before completing the plane, I laid the plane on the back for binding.

However, the receiver needs to be level on the "wheels" as it says in the description (for the calibration of AS3X and SAFE). If the plane is upside down. The receiver does not let any signal from the radio comming through!

After putting the plane on the wheel side down, binding was completed! For me the correct protocoll is DSMX 2F.

Thank you for the tipps - I hope this will help some other user.

Br, spcboarder

Return to “openTx model setup”