JJRC M02 Control with OpenTX?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Eebado

JJRC M02 Control with OpenTX?

Post by Eebado »

I recently received a JJRC M02 model, which is a VTOL-type model. It came RTF with a transmitter which is very annoying to use. I would much rather control it with my RadioMaster TX16s. I've looked all over but no one seems to know what protocol the model uses.

https://www.banggood.com/JJRC-M02-2_4G- ... mds=search

How can I figure out what protocol the model uses? If it's a new protocol that hasn't had support added for it yet, how could I get involved to help add support? What hardware would I need to do that?

Kilrah

Re: JJRC M02 Control with OpenTX?

Post by Kilrah »

Eebado

Post by Eebado »

So to be able to contribute I should get out a breadboard and setup my own MPM? Shouldn't the MPM that is in my TX16s already have the hardware capability of communicating with the receiver, it just needs a possible software update?

How can I dissect the transmitter/receiver to know what protocol it uses to communicate?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

My point was that you should post in that thread since that's where the MPM project that's used in the radio lives and people there will guide you.

Return to “openTx”