Buddy box only works one way? (Taranis and Horus)

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Chuppster

Buddy box only works one way? (Taranis and Horus)

Post by Chuppster »

I recently upgraded from a QX7 (Opentx 2.3.9) to a Horus X10S (Opentx 2.3.9). I want to set up a buddy box with the Taranis as slave and the Horus as master. I plugged a cable into each trainer port and set the Taranis to a default model with the "trainer" option set to "Slave/Jack". When I go into the "Trainer" page in the system menu of the Horus the input indicators at the bottom of the screen don't change. However, if I do the reverse (Horus in slave mode) I see the Taranis receiving input from the Horus. I tried to rule out the Taranis by plugging my old buddy box TX (FlySky I6X with a cable to convert to a 3.5mm) that works as a slave for my Taranis into the Horus, but it makes no difference.

Am I missing some crucial setting to get the Horus to work with a wired buddy box?

Return to “openTx”