er9x and multi-protocol telemetry mod

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: er9x and multi-protocol telemetry mod

Post by MikeB »

Which item(s), exactly, are missing in the mixes menu?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

Hi Mike,

The option Warning in mixes, attached photos.
Attachments
Turnigy128.jpg
er9x-128pz6r822.hex
(950.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Turnigy64.jpg
er9x-frsky822z.hex
(3.79 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I removed that feature from the '64 version to make space for other things. The '64 version only has 18 bytes of flash space left and this feature uses 166 bytes of flash.

Over a long time I've made the code use less space, while keeping the same functionality, so there is now little scope to shrink it any further!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

How do you set up audible alerts for telemetry? Do you need the audio mod or is there some other way?
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

I'm looking for information on how to set up the voltage divider (FBVS) and connect it to the X6R receiver. From what I've read you have to remove the jumper from the AI2 port and plug AD2 right there, then configure A1, in my case for lipo 4S I'm putting 19.8v, but it doesn't indicate any kind of value the telemetry in either A1 or A2, I've tested it on the two 64 and 128 equipment. Any ideas or help, please? The voltage divider seems to work, it reads 2.47v on AD1.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Without the voice addition, you just have beeps.It's a long time since I had a 9X without the voice addition but I think if you set the sound mode to "PiSpkr" in the General|Audio menu, then set up a voice alert in the model you are able to get different responses.
As a test, set a voice alert to Source Rud (the rudder stick), Function to v>val, value as 100, FileType to Audio, the the Voice File may be set to different sequences of beeps, choose "Cheep" for example.
Now, if you move the rudder stick to the right you should hear a sound.

In the Telemetry menu, set a scaling value for A1 so the voltage you are measuring (shown at the right of the display) is correct.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

I tried in the audio menu what you were saying, I know why I listened to it at all, it only sounds once, this is configurable to keep playing, I don't see the way with the warning of the mix if I continue to play non-stop

As for the voltage divider, that's where I stayed, I enter a value in A1, but on the right nothing appears....
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Check the operation of the A1 input by putting the jumper back in (on the two pins closest to the antennae), and check a1 is then the receiver voltage.
Check the connections, as I understand it the pin closest to the servo pins is ground, the middle pin is the Rx voltage divided by 4 and the pin closest to the antennae is the A1 input.

The mix warnings keep sounding as long as the mix is active, the setting of 1,2 or 3 defines how long the sound lasts.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

Hi Mike,

OK, I've already figured out the problem with the sound, it turns out that it sounds every 15s or so, it seemed like it only sounded once. On the turnigy128 the mix "warning" sounds every 2s.

As for the voltage divider, I have tested what you say. When placing the jumper, the RxV parameter reads 10v. Without the jumper it marks 5v. A1 and A2 do not mark any data. The voltage divider has two wires at the ends, the middle pin is empty.

When connecting the AD1 voltage divider to the A1 or pin closest to the antenna and the black wire to the pin closest to the servo pins, RxV marks zero
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

A clarification, when connecting the voltage divider if it marks RxV 10v, it marked zero because I had not connected the lipo. But I'm the same as yesterday, yes in A1 cha. I type 19.8 there is no data on the right and therefore no data and A1 appears. It is also tested in A2 with the same result.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With the X6R and the multi module, the voltage from that pin is sent as RxV and not A1.
On er9x, due to lack of RAM, this means there is no scaling for RxV, as there is for A1.
What is possible is to use a Scaler to obtain the correct value. Scalers are in the GlobalVars menu of the model.
In that menu, go down until you see SC1, then press MENU to edit it.

Set:
Source: RxV
Decimals: 1 (This is further down the menu but needs setting first)
Unit: Volts (Also further down)
Multiplier: 256
Divisor: Set to give the measure LiPo voltage. Note the resolution of RxV is poor (128 steps), so you may not get an exact value.
You may reduce the Multiplier value to improve the accuracy.

Now you may choose how to use the result.
1. Set the "Dest" to "Volts". This causes the result to be placed in the telemetry value "FasV", which is the pack voltage.
2. Set the SC1 "Name" to something, then use that as the telemetry value.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
adiezarr

Post by adiezarr »

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the explanation, I have made the configuration as you have mentioned, then I adjusted the multiplier a little so that the result was as indicated by the polymeter and finally I added an alarm in the Voice menu.

I'm learning a lot, I had become outdated with Flysky receivers.

I also bought an FLVS sensor with an lcd screen, to say that the difference between this voltage divider and this other sensor is quite large.

Thank you so much again for your help, you are great.

Return to “er9x”