Taranis and DRX 2.4GHZ transmitter

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
CCC74

Taranis and DRX 2.4GHZ transmitter

Post by CCC74 »

Hello,

I am having problems with the V 1.2 transmitter. I have a horizon hobby carbon cub with safe mode set up no problem. It was a bit more complicated than a normal bind and fly. I have another plane with a Spektrum AR610 with is also fine.

However when I bind a cheap orangerx DSM2 that I plan on using a foam board plane. When I bind the transmitter to this receiver the AR610 stops working. The cub is still fine.

Is there some step I'm missing? Nothing I have looked at online shows a limitation on the amount of models you can run. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Kilrah

Re: Taranis and DRX 2.4GHZ transmitter

Post by Kilrah »

What module are we talking about? If it's the OrangeRX one it's normal. There are different transmission modes, and when you bind the module selects the appropriate one for that receiver. Receivers which aren't compatible with that mode won't work anymore until you change the module mode by either rebinding or using button presses as explained in the manual.
CCC74

Post by CCC74 »

I believe it's orangerx. It only says DRX transmitter module on the front of it. So am I limited on the number of models that this unit can control? Just to be clear I believe it is in the right mode because it easily binds with the new receiver. It's when I got back to use my plane with the AR610 that the transmitter no longer sees that plane until I rebind it.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As explained it just means that these 2 receivers use different modes.

It's ORX for OrangeRX, not DRX.
CCC74

Post by CCC74 »

Okay I've got it now. Thanks for the help.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”