Coud we consider showing the actual values on frsky telemetr

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
tigar

Post by tigar »

I dit try open9x and I found that the telemetry screen they use is very easy to setup. The actual A1 and A2values are shown on telemetry screen and this Calibration a piece of cake. On this screen they also have the offset value witch is useful.
Is it possible to make these happen also in er9x?
I am not going to use open9x because the alarm setting is a bit odd with all the switches the need to work...

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Coud we consider showing the actual values on frsky tele

Post by Rob Thomson »

tigar wrote:I am not going to use open9x because the alarm setting is a bit odd with all the switches the need to work...
Actuallt not reallt odd once you get your head round what it is doing.

I find the approach allows pretty much any event to be used to trigger any outcome. 100% more flexible. But to be fair... there is a learning curve :ugeek:
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Which version of er9x are you using? Recent versions show the actual A1 and A2 values on the telemetry setup screen, as well as the calibration value.
As er9x only has an offset for the current (Amps) reading, no offset is shown.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
tigar

Post by tigar »

Thanks Mike.
I just downloaded the latest and I see the value on telemetry screen. Great!
Where is the offset setting for the amps?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Its done automatically when you reset the telemetry values with the MENU or EXIT button in the correct screen. I can't remember which button or menu at the moment!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

tigar

Post by tigar »

That actually resets the capacity value to 0. The point of the offset is to compensate for the small voltage (1.66v) that most current sensors are giving on 0A.
On open 9x when set the offset value to -1.6 I see the correct current on the telemetry. On er9x the best thing I could manage is to calibrate for correct readings on half throttle. That shows on idle around 2A while it should be around 0.3A. Any way I can have relatively accurate capacity alarm and that is what I am looking for...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I appreciate this is not obvious, it's something added quickly when first needed and I haven't come back to it since.
You need to be opn what I call the third telemetry screen, the one just before the 'GPS' screen when pressing the RIGHT button (so LEFT from the GPS screen. On this screen, pressing MENU LONG will take the present reading for current (amps) on A1 and/or A2 and use it as the offset so the reading will then be zero. At present this offset value is not stored in EEPROM, so needs to be done each time the Tx is switched on. I would need to find somewhere to store it to make it permanent.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”