Max Size of .eepe Files

How to use eePe
SamoaFlyer

Max Size of .eepe Files

Post by SamoaFlyer »

Is there a way to determine the maximum number of models and/or number of mixes per model that can be put into a single EEPROM file? I believe I've maxed out a file but didn't know it until I found that latest changes made to a model didn't get saved although there was no error message to that effect.

There were nine models in the file with a couple with a fairly large number of mixes(>20). I experimented by trying to copy a large model into an empty model slot and got the error message "Unable set model!" yet a smaller model would copy okay so I assume I reached some size limit.

It would be nice to have some indicator that could warn about this before a couple of hours of mix changes are simply lost.

Bill

cre8tiveleo

Re: Max Size of .eepe Files

Post by cre8tiveleo »

A warning would be nice.
There is a Memory warning on the 'radio setup' screen, first page close to the bottom, I think its default is on, maybe it doesn't work?

Another solution would be to save the eepe file often. I do when I do a lot of mix changes. As a just in case buffer.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the MODEL select menu, the free eeprom is listed at the top of the screen, and the space used by each model is the number beside the model name.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
SamoaFlyer

Post by SamoaFlyer »

I'm sorry gents. I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I'm talking aboout programming in eepe, not in the radio. I believe the screens mentioned are in er9x.

Bill
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Looks like the main modle list screen in eepe could do with the memory used for each model and the amount free listed as on the 9x itself.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

SamoaFlyer

Post by SamoaFlyer »

Sounds good to me Mike.

Bill

Return to “eePe”