(fixed)beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
RCHH

(fixed)beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by RCHH »

Hi All,
I have just fitted this excellent board to my TX - all is working fine - but I am getting a 'beep' from the speaker every 3 (approx) seconds. How does one turn that off? Other than that, the speaker is working fine with key presses and I can change tone, volume etc.
I have checked most areas where I thought it may be controlled from to no avail. Missing it somewhere obviously.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Last edited by RCHH on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by Rob Thomson »

Any chance you have assigned a 'beep' to one of the mixes to notify you that it is in use?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0kurmw
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
RCHH

Re: beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by RCHH »

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply.
I am so new to the system - I have not even got as far as looking into (or even know if one is set) the mixes.
I have just installed the hardware as it arrived basically.
I can now however look into the mixes, so your reply is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rob.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by Rob Thomson »

Does it do it if you create a new blank model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
RCHH

Re: beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by RCHH »

Not sure what has happened now, but the beeping has ceased and I made no changes in the settings. The only change I made was hard wiring the HK backlight into the system and setting up (successfully!) the FrSky telemetry system. And that works very well indeed - nice and fast refreshes of the data.
I have since tried to get the beeping to return - but it won't. I have tried some of the supplied templates - and no beeps, so I will give up on that.
Anyways, thanks very much indeed for your help.
Best Wishes,
Rob.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: (fixed)beep from speaker every 3 seconds ...

Post by MikeB »

The beeping may have been from the FrSky Tx module, not from the 9x. If you have set up the telemetry, then the Tx module alarms will have been reprogrammed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The Frsky module will indeed beep every 3 seconds or so when it is in binding mode or in range check mode. Any chance you'd have pressed the module's button during power up (enter binding mode) or laid the TX on the button for some time (a press of >4sec enters range check)?
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

No module in the TX initially. Never have them installed when working on systems innards. Even with the module in - it was beeping. And it was not the module as I could change the tone and length of beep. Not possible to do that to the FrSky module.
Have been trying to replicate the beeping today to no avail. Everything is however working as it should be so far ...

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”