The Stock Flaperon Function Explained

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
GeekPros

Post by GeekPros »

Please explain the parameters of the Flaperon Function. As the user manual does not tell you a switch to press to get them to work or explain anything about how they work for a newbie, as I guess I am. I've been PnP flying for years, but nothing like this.

I have not found an english video that tells you and explains everything about the flaperon screen, how to move around the screen with the Aileron stick, what the different values are for, and just how to use the feature. Here is the foreign video with english menus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9Wu5cC ... 4DA18FB2CC

Can someone please explain the flaperon screen V2 or point me to a clear answer for newbies?

I plan on writing some detailed answers for this site, as most answers are for people that have a clue. I feel like I'm decoding each post to begin to understand. Please answer for everyone.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Flaperons simply allow you to use the ailerons as flaps.

So... You can raise or lower the ailerons to increase or decrease the wings camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
GeekPros

Re: The Stock Flaperon Function Explained

Post by GeekPros »

Well, I do happen to know what flaperons are for, it's just the parameters I asked for - as in the original post. Again, I'm not asking what flaperons are. If you read my post, I want to know exactly how it works in this radio and help others understand this. What is each parameter for and how do they interact with each other.

I've entered values and I've done some testing with flaperons. How can you turn them on and off without going into the menu? Can someone please answer the question and not, as in the previous post, tell me everything I already know.

it would be nice to see someone actually put something more than a 1 liner answer that completey does not help anyone and just adds more text to read to get to the answer.

If your going to post here, please post something worth reading.

Thanks
GeekPros
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hi GeekPros,

Sorry for the short answer - and indeed looking at my post I completely missed the point of your question. Joy of scanning through via the iphone!

I think the reason you have very few answers - is simply because the stock firmware is c**p and 99% of the users of this forum ditch it and use either er9x/open9x/gruvin9x/th9x custom firmwares.

My suggestion would be to get yourself 'upgraded'; and discover a new and more powerfull radio; plus 100'd of willing people on the forum to support you.

As the overall site admin of the forum I am well aware of the amount of 'off topic' that can happen in a thread. Could I suggest in future that if you have an issue with a post you pm the person involved? - simply added to again by your own complaint. (oops.. have I done it again? *grin*)

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I've seen several people trying to understand this thing on different forums, but nobody who actually did. The consensus seems to be that it's simply buggy and doesn't work as it should. Not particularly surprising, that would only be "one more" bug of the stock fw ;)

kaos

Post by kaos »

I have seen a vid on youtube in english demonstrating how to program the flaperon. It is kind of odd to me. so i just used my own mix in stock FW to do flaperon at that time.
but search a little on youtube, I have seen it - in english.
TNug

Post by TNug »

kaos wrote:I have seen a vid on youtube in english demonstrating how to program the flaperon. It is kind of odd to me. so i just used my own mix in stock FW to do flaperon at that time.
but search a little on youtube, I have seen it - in english.
kaos,
Would you be so kind as to post how you programmed flaperons with the stock FW? I have seen the well done tutorial on YouTube using custom mixes - not the Flaperon menu function - with the stock FW.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 6K-OIZCg6Q[/BBvideo]

The only problem is, it doesn't work for me! I accept that it could be me doing something wrong. That's why I'm searching for another method for comparison. I have - and I assume the OP has as well - searched exhaustively for another how to, but to no avail.

Thanks!

BTW... @Rob: I would love to "ditch" the stock FW, but Smartieparts looks like they may be backordered for all of eternity ( =2-3 weeks).
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, I use a 6ch rx on one of my jet for flaperon. the ch line up is AETR_A1 (2nd ail on ch6)
in [AUX-CH]: assign ch5 to 'PIT TRIM', ch6 to Null
in [PROG. MIX.]:
MIX1: ACT, AIL,FLP,000,100,100,on
MIX2: ACT,GYR,AIL,000,100,100,ID1
MIX3: ACT,GYR,FLP,000,-100,-100,ID1

what this does is using the pitch trim knob as an adjustable switch (ch5 assigned to pit trim)
and ID1 is the switch to turn flaperon on. (I did not program ID2, so ID2 and ID0 are the same-no flaperon)
the pitch trim knob will adjust how much flaps you want, from neutral, up is up 'flap', down is down flap. you can adjust to any position you want when ID1 is switched on, the flaperon will jump into the position set by the pitch trim knob.
hope this will work for you.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Finally found the vid that shows the 3 position flaperon programming with stock FW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIklG35 ... re=related

view it at youtube , you will have the exact mixes instruction under the vid.

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”